Chapter 12 - Fu's Workshop

Third Person's POV

The group, minus Alfred, arrived at a run down building near the edges of Paris along the river Marinette saw in her vision. She swiped her hand across the window peeping through the glass. It was dark, she couldn't see a thing. "So...do we break in or..?" Jason quarried hesitantly. The kwamis flew through the door and unlocked it from the inside allowing them access.

Jason: That works too.

Damian: Stupid Todd, always ready to punch something. That would've made this less conspicuous. *sarcasm*

Marinette: Hey you two 3 year olds, Shut it. I don't want to hear another word.

Marinette threatened. Jason stuck out his tongue at the young Wayne while he rolled his eyes. She got in and dodged as many cobwebs as she could. The kwamis searched the room looking for anything out of the ordinary. Marinette was looking for something that looked familiar from her vision but saw nothing. She was nearing the back of the shop when...

AHHHHHH!!!!

Damian came running but sighed with a brow raised at the sight. Marinette was on the floor frozen with a spiderweb on her hair and arms. "Get it off me, Get it off me, Get It Off Me!!" Damian chuckled going over to help her. He gently pulled off the webs while she watched him. Once he was done with the ones on her arms, onto the ones on her hair.

He removed the last string when the two stared into the other's eyes. Marinette pushed her hand into his face while blushing 50 shades of red. "T-Thanks..." He got her hand off his face and pulled her up to her feet. "Don't push your filthy hands in my face, Dupain-Cheng. And no problem." She snatched her hand back and dusted herself off. They were soon joined by the others and so they continued their search.

Tim: So...what exactly are we looking for?

Marinette: A bookshelf. There's a book on it that I need to find and bring home.

Dick: Do you remember where you saw it?

Marinette: It was in a room but I only saw that room, not the way to get there.

Bruce: I think this is the way.

Bruce pointed down at a crack in the wall. Marinette walked up to it and peeked through the tiny hole when the building began to shake. "A-An earthquake!?" Tim asked in a yelled tone. "No..it's the building. It recognises you, Marinette." spoke Tikki. She pointed at the crack as it turned into a bigger hole allowing all of them to fit.

Once the building stopped shaking, they entered and were amazed. It was somewhat well-kept while the main area outside was in chaos. Marinette looked around and exclaimed, "That's the bookshelf!" She jogged on over to it and searched the shelves scanning through all the books. She finally stopped and pulled out a book.

Marinette: I think..this is it. The Guardian's Grimoire.

Dick: It looks pretty old.

Wazz: It could've been passed down from the first 'Guardian'. Try opening it.

Marinette did as she was told and found pictures of a ladybug themed hero along with other heroes with similar designs of the kwamis. Each hero came with their own text. "Dang it, I can only read some of it but the rest is Gibberish." she groaned. Then Sass flew up to it and read aloud.

Sass: We kwamis can read it. It was only meant for kwamis to read it as insurance in case of a holder being turned to the darkside. But I find it strange that you were able to read some of it, Marinette.

Tikki: Ooo, That one must be me.
~The Ladybug Miraculous which grants the power of Creation. The holder of said power can use it to provide them with an item they might need to win the battle. It is known as a 'Lucky Charm'. Once its purpose has been served, the holder will call upon yet another power to restore the damage that may have been caused. It is called a 'Miraculous Ladybug'.~

Dick: Woah...but it also has a picture of some kind of jewelry to the top corner. Are those earrings?

Marinette: Looks like it, but I've never seen them before. Along with the weapons and costumes... Why don't I have that? *pouts*

Bruce: Maybe it has something to do with the jewelry. If you flip to the other pages, It also has other pieces of jewelry for each other kwami and power. The black cat has a ring, The bee has a hairpin and the butterfly has a brooch. Maybe if we find these things, then maybe you'll be able to understand your powers better.

Marinette: Likely possibility but...

Jason: But what?

Marinette: Do I want to understand them better..- Do I want to become more powerful?
I'm fine with the way things are now. I don't necessarily need jewelry to make me a stronger person...nor should I the kwamis. And what if they got into the wrong hands? Things could take a turn for the worse.

Damian: Uhh...I think I found something.

Damian spoke from the other side of the room. He gazed upon a glowing red ladybug themed Chinese box. It had all the symbols of the kwamis on different sides and compartments of the box. The batfamily went up to look at the box along with some of the other kwamis. Marinette just stared at the Ladybug hero she saw in the book.

Tikki: What's wrong Marinette?

Marinette: It's just that..can I really be the hero like these other individuals? They look so brave, courageous...immune to fear. You guys don't remember them and now I don't have anyone to look up to as a mentor or prodaje. Or...as a fellow Guardian.

Damian: Don't say that, Marinette. You're wrong, and the reason being...Is that you're going to be better than all of them. Don't doubt yourself, you always put yourself down after to lift others up..- Inspire others to stand up for what they think is right. Yeah..life is the pain in the butt but what isn't. All you can do now is try to live the life that you want. Do something that you want for a change without someone else deciding for you.

Marinette stared at him starstruck. No one has ever spoken to her like that, far less wanted her to do something that she wanted. Damian took her hands in his and gently gripped them looking straight at her in a serious yet sincere way. He came closer and spoke to her, only words for her to hear.

Damian: So answer me this, Marinette... What do you want to do?