Chapter Forty-One: A Reunion For A Life Time

"Hi My name is Kate Hendricks, I'm here for Dominic Terry, I'm his daughter." Katie says to the nurse attendant that was stationed at the ICU's front desk. The lady, who name tag says Selina looked Katie over from head to toe, a blush spreading on her cheeks. She knew she looked rugged, after being on a plane from almost 10 hours and going straight here from the Airport, not even bothering to tell anyone, she knew she looked wrinkled and disheveled. She tosses her head over in the waiting area and sees Shawn already dozing in one of the chairs, his snores carrying over to her. " Please can I see him." She says turning back to the Nurse, a whine in her voice. She gives Katie one more look over and types away on her computer, trying to pull up Dom's file.

"Katie? Is that you?" An all too familiar voice says from behind her, She freezes, a gasps stuck in her throat. She turns slowly and stares.Han stares at Katie, not believing his eyes. Was she really there? was she really standing there before him? It has been three years since he saw her but she still looked the same, only older and minus a pink strip. " Is that really you?" He whispers as he slowly walks up to her. He watches as her eyes widen, the hunger in them matching his own. She opens her mouth to speak but Selina, the nurse attendant cuts him off.

"AH Yes Dominic Terry, He is just getting out of surgery, I'll let the doctor know you guys are here and he'll be right in to give you an update.Oh hello Mr Chan, You here for Dom as well." She says spying Han. He smiles wide at Selina and Nods.

"Yeah the rest of the crew is outside parking the car, I came in first to check on him. I see you've meet his daughter, she just rushed over here from Tokyo." He says nodding to Katie who just smiles shyly at the Nurse. She smiles back and excuses herself, going off to find Dom's Doctor. Han turns back to Katie to find her staring at him. He smiles wide and takes a step, his heart constricting when she steps back from him.

"KATIE!" Mia's voice cuts through the air, making Shawn startle awake. Katie turns toward the sliding glass door and barely has time to hold out her arms when her aunt comes barrelinginto her, grabbing her up into a huge hug. " Oh Thank god you are here, He will be so happy when he wakes up." she says. Katie clings to her Aunt, tears part happy and sad spill from her eyes. From the corner of her vision she sees Han walking over to Shawn.

Shawn stares like he's seen a ghost as Han walks over to him, A nervous air to him. He opens his mouth to speak but Shawn doesn't give him a chance, he just steps over to him and pulls his closest friend into a hug, not caring how it looked. Han grips his friend tight, relief flooding through him.

"Shit I thought I'd never see you again, what are you doing here?" Han says letting go of him. Shawn laughs and plops back down in the hospital chair, Han folding himself into one right across from him. Shawn studies him.

" Its been five years and you still look the same, though your hair is longer." was all Shawn says. Han laughs and brushes his traitorous hair out of his eyes, tucking it behind his ear. " I came here cuz I wanted to see you in person, Neela and Twinkie say hi by the way." He says. Han smiles as he thinks of the others he had had to leave behind.

"How is Twinkie? Still chasing after the Native women?" Han says laughter in his voice, Shawn just shakes his head, his eyes darting to Katie who is currently being bombarded with hugs from Letty and Bryan.

"Nawh man, I think he is still pining after my sister.". Han flinches, his body going rigid at his words. Shawn gives him a leveled. look. "Relax, they never went out, she's too hung up on you I think to ever give anyone else a chance." He reassures him. Han smiles and looks down. " Han I told you, I don't mind you two being together, Plus she's turning twenty one next month, There's nothing really I can say about it now, now is there?" He says. Han looks back at Katie. She was turning twenty one this year wasn't she? She was no longer the young girl from his memory.