Chapter 73

Months had gone by and Elle and Fred were as happy as could be, as she was so appreciative to have him back in her life. She needed him. She was also able to speak to Cedric and his friends over the last few months and she rekindle a friendship with them, even Cedric, but she understood it would never be the same. He still sometimes acted awkward around her, like he was unsure how to act around her, and it was incredibly awkward between Cedric and Fred still, so Elle was sure to keep them separate. They didnt hang out often as Fred whisked her away most nights to her dorm, but they were able to make small talk and smile at each other in the halls, and have study dates in the library like old times and life felt like it was finally getting back on track, slowly but surely with her and her Hufflepuff friends.

Cedric was a best friend to her, she knew he added so much value and support in her life that she was so grateful that they were trying to move past everything that happened between the two. Dylan and Ian also came around to her again, Ian apologizing for how he reacted and Dylan having the ability to pretend it never happened and was grateful to have Elle around without feeling guilty or that he was betraying Cedric. She meant a lot to him.

Today was the final task for the Triwizard tournament and all the students of Hogwarts were buzzing with excitement to watch who would win. Elle was walking down with Jackson, George and Fred, planning to meet their other friends who went early to save a seat. They walked into the arena to see a large maze was set up and when her eyes scanned the stands, she saw her friends. Dylan gave her a large goofy wave as she let Fred grab her hand and lead her into the stands to sit beside them.

"Hey Ellie." Dylan and Ian waved as Elle sat in-between Dylan and Fred, with Luke and Olivia on the other side of Ian.

"Where's Gigi and Lee?" George hummed out, looking down the aisle, "They'll be here soon, Gigi forgot her jacket."

"Have you guys spoken to Cedric?" Elle asked the Hufflepuffs as they all nodded, "Already gave him our good luck charms, you?" Ian asked as she shook her head, "Not yet, I was going to go now. Save my spot?"

Fred nodded at her, letting her stand and dip down to give his cheek a kiss before squeezing Dylan's shoulder and walking away from her friends.

She entered the champions' tent, soon spotting Cedric pacing in his little area and she made eye contact with him, visibly seeing his shoulders drop.

"Oh thank god you are here, my nerves have been all over the place." Cedric hummed as she shut the curtain behind her, sitting on the chair across from his cot.

"You'll be great Cedric, you know it, You are so smart and a talented wizard." Elle comforted him as he nodded, looking like he was deep in thought, "What're you thinking about now?"

"Hm?" Cedric asked, finally looking up at her, "How'd you know I was deep in thought?"

"Your eyebrows raise and you get this look in your eye," Elle told him as he let out a huff at her statement, knowing he wasn't able to hide anything from her.

"If anything happens to me, I need you to take care of Ian and Dylan, okay? Liv will be fine, she has Luke, but for those boys, my brothers, we only have each other, especially Dylan, okay?"

"Don't talk like that Cedric, you'll be okay, I know it." Elle nodded at him with an encouraging smile.

"Thanks..." Cedric muttered out, giving her a small smile before they went into silence again. Elle was able to see how deep in thought Cedric was and knew something else was on his mind.

"Come on Cedric, spill it."

"I need to tell you something." Cedric quickly muttered out as she raised her eyebrows to encourage him to continue.