ɴᴀɴɴʏ

Age- 8
Warnings- arguing
Words- 1.2K+
(This is not the Nanny diaries storyline it's literally just a nanny which is Annie)

────

ANNIE'S POV
I knock at the door of the house I was going to be a new nanny at, I heard some talking inside and then the door opened.

"Hi, you must be Annie" the woman who opened the door says reaching her hand out.

"Yes I'm Annie" i smile politely shaking her hand

"I'm Sadie" Sadie smiles letting me in, i walk into the apartment looking around a bit until this little girl runs up to her mom.

"Mama who's this" the girl says shyly hiding in her mother's neck.

"Y/n. This is Annie, your new nanny" Sadie says prying the younger girl away from her and setting her down.

"Would you be able to look after her while we go out tonight" Sadie asks before I could answer, she answered for me

"Yes, thank you I'll be going be good y/n" Sadie says walking out the door shutting it behind her.

"Hi y/n, I'm Annie, your new nanny" i say bending down to y/n's height.

"I know I'm not stupid" she shouts before running of and around the apartment.

"Y/n" i say running after her before she can break anything

"What should we do" i say after finally reaching up to her and holding her arm.

"Watch movie's" y/n squeals smiling

"But y/n, your mom said no movie's" i sigh looking up at the kid

"But she's not here" she says sassily and jumps onto the sofa. I sigh in defeat sitting next to y/n on the sofa.

"What movie do you want to watch, it's 8pm so it will only be 1" I say turning on the tv, she stopped bouncing and sat down next to me, extremely close, must be a kids thing.

"Toy story" she beams throwing her arms in the air. I chuckle turning in toy story and getting comfy next to y/n.

Throughout the movie, y/n managed to switch positions her head on resting on my lap, i was a bit taken back at first as I never really had a connection with kids and never really cuddled with them. I started playing with y/n's hair starting to calm her down, hopefully making her sleepy.

Y/n eyes closed and I waited a minute before attempting to stand up with her to take her to bed, the second I moved she let out a baby like whine and opened her eyes. She rubbed her eyes for a second before sitting up and looking at me, she closed her eyes again crawling onto me, sitting on my lap and resting her head on my shoulder.

I froze right there and then, a child has never showed me this affection before, I carefully stood up holding y/n's back and walked through to her bedroom.

I walked around the room for a little bit, bouncing her in my arms until i new that she was definitely asleep.

I drew back her duvet and carefully placed her in the middle of her bed, i tucked a stuffed teddy in her arms watching a small smile appear on her face as she turns and cuddle into it, sticking her thumb into her mouth.

"Goodnight sweetheart" i whisper kissing the back of her head and pulling the duvet up to her shoulders, i closed the door on my way out and went into the living room just to clear up the tiny mess that was made.

By the time Sadie and her husband arrived back I was in the guest bedroom they had let me stay in.

They walked through the door shouting there heads off at each other not being mindful of the 8 year old girl sleeping in her bedroom.