Chapter 37: Weight of Decision

Ceila Oudwin. A diplomat of Gra Valkas Empire, and the only one of the few who are sensible enough to talk with the barbarians of this world.

Currently, she is standing before the king of Inertia. The current goal is to establish the kingdom into a vassal of the empire, if not the consequences will be bloodshed.

"King Irtis, I am here to proclaim the Empire's will!."

Tension began to run due to the sudden announcement of Ceila, the escorts began cocking their guns if the inertian's response is violence.

However, they didn't expect the inertian's response to be silent, nothing as if they anticipated this. Little they know, all of the people here was thoroughly commanded by the king not to be aggressive if the Gra Valkan spew offensive statements.

"Continue."

"Our Empire would like you to handover the kingdom as a vassal and tribute for our Great Nation."

The vassals and guards couldn't help but to cause a small ruckus due to the overconfident and insulting words of Ceila. To them, giving their country without a fight against a atrocious country like the empire is definitely humiliating. Before some of his retainers jump to action, King Irtis stopped them by raising his hands.

"Hmm."

The king however was silent.

"Your response King Irtis."

"I can't give my country."

The tension began to escalate further.

"I only want to hear is yes or no.... But I suggest don't dare defy my country, or else the Inertia will undergone the hellish experience tasted by Paganda and Leifor after successfully obtaining the Empire's wrath."

"We are under the protection of Mu."

"The Muish huh? They are indeed an annoying existence on the 2nd civilization, but does they have the strength to defeat my empire or let alone protect your country? Choose wisely King Irtis, many great civilizations fell due to pride and underestimating their foes. And Mu isn't an exception, sooner or later that country will bend it's knees on the might of the Gra Valkas Empire."

"....." The King was silent

"Actually, we do have statement of terms."

The Royal family of Inertia will be stripped all of the monarchial powers or any types of privileges

• The Inertian Royal Army will demobilized and be supervised by Gra Valkan Imperial Forces

All of the Inertian's Government Officials shall be replaced by Gra Valkan staffs to run the vassal state

• All foreign affairs issue of the country shall will be handled by the Empire

• All of the treaties or ties with other countries will be immediately asses and revoked

• Extraterritoriality shall be observe in accordance of Imperial law

• The country shall accept all of the Gra Valkan immigrants

• There are 3 type of classes currently employed in the Empire, if the Inertia accepted the ultimatum without resisting; they will immediately promoted as second class citizens but if not; they will taste the harsh life of a third class citizens like in Paganda

"Additional Terms will be formulated in the following days, and I am decreed to announce that you have only 10 days to think whether to accept our terms as a vassal; if not get destroyed by the military might of the empire."