010. comfort

"you can color these, they're old and i don't draw like that anymore, so you can add things or color or do whatever you want with them

"you can color these, they're old and i don't draw like that anymore, so you can add things or color or do whatever you want with them." denzel smiled, placing the drawings onto a cardboard box that sat in front of clementine.

"i love coloring but i feel like i'll mess up."

"so? if you love it and it makes you happy, then just do it, no one's going to care—i hope that didn't sound mean."

"i didn't take it personally, don't worry." she giggled, opening a box of colored pencils that were laying next to her.

before this moment, denzel played clementine a couple of songs and messed around on his keyboard, which gave him motivation to start playing more often. he was glad clementine encouraged him to play for her, if she hadn't, the keyboard would still be collecting dust.

as of now, the two were sitting on the carpet waiting for their pizza to arrive. to pass time, they decided to listen to music and to color the old drawings denzel made in the past.

"when the pizza arrives, can we watch eighties horror films?" clementine asked, digging through her bag.

"i don't have..."

"yeah, exactly why i brought 'beetlejuice', 'fright night', and 'ghostbusters'. we've seen all of these already, but watching them again wouldn't hurt."

"have you watched other eighties films that aren't horror?" denzel asked, causing clementine to shake her head. "what about i show you other films that aren't horror? they're still from the eighties but they're in a different genre."

clementine thought about it for a moment, but eventually she nodded in agreement.

"i'll show you the options once the pizza gets here."

"okay, cool! i've never really—watched anything outside of the horror genre, i guess i'm not used to trying new things. i grew up liking the same things but i'm willing to try just because you're my best friend." she giggled as she started coloring.