Chapter 105 - Talk Between The Couple

Nandini looked at the person before her. His eyes were full of questions and also accusations. After waking up she already guessed that the truth she has been hiding has come into light. She knew one day she had to give answers to him. She sighed in her heart.

"I have asked you something," Manik said again.

"Your majesty, do you blame me?" Instead of answering she asked him.

Manik looked at her for sometime then replied "no, it's just hurtful to know the truth from someone else whole it should be you telling me yourself"

"Your majesty, before marriage I was not aware of your feelings towards me. I came to know about it at our wedding night. At that time I was already your wife and I would never want my husband to love someone else, even if that person was me" Nandini started to explain. Her voice was not rushed or too slow, it was enough to say each word clearly. Manik didn't reply but listened to her as she continued to speak.

"The only reason I did not tell the truth is because I wanted your love for me, my true self. Aiyara's identity was just a facade I bore for a promise made to the Master. I promised him to help. That night I was searching for some herbs in the mountain when I encountered you. The girl you saw that night was not my reality. How could I expect my husband to fall for a person whose identity is fake one?" She asked him.

"Your majesty, to be honest, after hearing your confession at our wedding night I felt bad. I really wanted you to recognise me. But you didn't. After the incident in the temple  I almost thought seeing Aiyara you would get close to her but to my surprise you didn't. You behave more weirdly than I imagined. Didn't you find her similar to the girl you met that night?"

Manik shook his head "I thought she was you. But after talking with her I realised she was not the person I met in the forest rather she was someone I don't even know at all. It was her face that was similar, other than that there's nothing that could match anything with you. Her voice, her personality and the way she behaves, everything is different from you. And more than that I could not feel any connection towards her"

Nandini frowned at the "connection?"

"When I first met you, I felt some connections towards you. Like a kind of attraction that pulls me. In the morning when I woke up, I intended to ask you but I could not find you. You disappeared like you never existed. Even though I tried every means to find you I could not"

Nandini heard his tone and she suddenly felt guilty. She never thought that her encounter with him would lead both of them to something they never expected. She never imagined that there will be a person who will be longing for her, craving for her and even trying hard to find her. Thinking about it Nandini felt her heart filled with joy, an unexplainable joy.

"I went back to my house after that night. Then stayed there until the news of marriage came" she replied.

"Why did you marry me?" He asked.

"Your majesty, firstly it was because of the promise made by the elders and secondly because I have seen you before our marriage"

"You what?" Manik was shocked.

"I sneaked out of the house" Nandini chuckled "though I didn't opposed the proposal but I want to see the person I was going to marry"

Manik raised his eyebrows "and where did you see me?"

"You majesty went to visit the Yashmin River where the oldest temple of Samrat situated"

"You went there?" Manik was surprised. He still remembers that day when Chityakanta forced him to visit the temple for good omen. There's some tradition of Samrat that those who visit the old temple, whether it's the groom or bride, bring good omen to the future. Sin e Chityakanta was a religious and also a believer in old tradition she forced him to go there.

The old temple was 300 years old yet there's not a single sign of  crack on the wall. It still looks freshly made and a few years old. The people of Yasmin  Riverside believe that it is because the god in the temple is active and showing the sign of God in this world. The God of that temple was the Lord Rudra.

But what surprised him was that Nandini visited there just to meet him? If he had known about it he would have caged her in his arms and directly brought her to the palace, not even waiting for the marriage ceremony to happen.

"I went to visit the Temple actually. Then I planned to see you but I didn't expect you would also be there at that time and luckily spared my efforts" Nandini couldn't help but giggled.

"If I knew you were there then I would have kidnapped you that instant" Manik shook his head. She was saying so close yet he couldn't identify it till it's late.

"Your majesty, why do you always talk about this kidnapping thing?"

Manik smirked "because you were hiding yourself too good to be found"

"I was not. I didn't have any idea about that. I only got to know it was you at the temple" she pouted.

"But you still hide it after knowing it," he said again.

"That was-" she was about to say when a sharp pain shot in her stomach making her wince. She clutched her belly and closed her eyes tightly.

Manik was startled when he saw her reaction and quickly took her in her arms.

"What happened?" He asked, getting anxious.

"I think it's because of the poison," she replied with difficulty.

Manik looked at her belly before reaching out and lifted her clothes before rubbing the area gently. Nandini sighed in relief.

"Your majesty, how do you know this trick?"

"Has seen mother doing it to Maya" he replied. It was a coincidence that he saw this action and didn't think of it much. But he never expected it would work and he would need to use this trick.

"Your majesty has a good memories"

"That's why I am the emperor" he smirked as he continued to work.

"I am sleepy" Nandini said again leaning on his chest.

"Are you sure that it will be fine?" he asked, slightly frowning at her belly where his hand was still working.

Nandini chuckled "Don't worry your majesty, BellShia is not as deadly as they were informed. It won't hurt our child"

Hearing that he was relaxed made her lie on bed before lying beside her and caging her in his arms. Nandini snuggled more as she fell into a deep slumber. This time both of them were happy and content.

But on the other side of the palace was not happy at all. In the far side of the room the sound of breaking could be heard. The few maids present in the room stood at the side lowering their heads. A young girl grabbed the flower vase then threw it harshly on the floor. Her eyes were red and anyone could clearly say that she was too angry.

When Kumeka walked inside she gasped "Kashmin what's all this?"

"Mother" Kashmin turned to look at her mother "did you hear? That slut is fine and awake?"

Kumeka sighed "I know" as she walked towards her.

"Mother, you have to help me. She snatched Manik,then she made me stay in this room and now she is giving birth. Mother tell me how can I tolerate all these?" Kashmin screamed.

Kumeka looked at those maids before asking them to leave. Once they are alone she holds Kashmin's hand.

"You have to regain your posture and behave well. This time we can't leave any traces for them to find"

Kashmin looked at her "mother you have any plans?"

Kumeka smiled "we can't rush things now. We have to do it slowly"

Hearing it Kashmin revealed a smile that had a sinister glimpse.