Bonus Chapter (2)

THEA

I stared at my phone for what must have been multiple times, to see if he had texted or called me.

He didn't.

Arthur and I had an argument 3 days ago. He had been very busy with his work that he rarely made time for us, for the twins. He would leave for work earlier in the morning and came back when the twins had gone to bed.

I was used to his busy work, but the twins needed their father. They would look for him, they wanted to spend time with their father but he was rarely there. I didn't think the twins had seen their father for 4 days. Sure, Arthur would always kiss their foreheads in the morning before he leaves and when he comes back but it wasn't the same.

I had tried to talk to him about it, asking him to take some time off to spend the day with the twins. It was the day we fought.

It was 09.30 P.M when I heard the front door opened. After putting the twins to bed, I waited for him in the kitchen.

"Hey." I called.

He looked up and I could see how tired he was, for a split second I wanted to chicken out.

"Hey, darling." He gave me a peck on the lips. I took his back from his hand and handed him a glass of water. "Why are you still awake?"

I watched as he took the glass from my hand and drank it. "I was waiting for you. I've missed you."

His eyes softened. He pulled me into him and kissed my forehead. "I've missed you too, darling. I'm sorry I have been busy."

I nodded my head in understanding. He just lost a contract to one of the most important companies, and was now trying to save his company's reputation. I knew how stressing it was for him.

While he went to shower, I waited for him in our bed. I was debating whether to talk things over with him tonight. He was leaving to Bern tomorrow morning for a business trip, and I wouldn't see him for 3 days.

But the twins had been asking for him, multiple times. I wanted to confront him about his work.

"My flight got rescheduled, I'm leaving at 5 tomorrow morning."

It's now or never.

"Arthur, can we talk?"

He glanced at me while putting a shorts on. "Can it wait until I get back? I'm really tired."

"I'll make it quick, I promise."

He let out a tired sigh. "Okay, what is it?"

I took a deep breath and braced myself. "Please don't take this the wrong way. I know how hard it has been at work the past few weeks, and I'm sorry that you had to go through that. It's the twins.. they have been asking for you. You rarely made time for them, Arthur, they have missed you. I think it will be nice if you.. take a break from work and spend more time with them. With us."

A crease forming between his eyebrows, he looked offended. "I thought I already told you the struggle in my company. I had expected you to understand."

"I do, I really do. It's just.. you are rarely home for the twins. They have been asking for you everyday. They wanted to spend time with their father."

"No, don't. Please don't guilt-trip me."

"I was not trying to," I argued. "I just want you to make more time for us. Come home earlier and play with the twins, it's been 4 days since they last saw you."