A Dream?

"Yelena" her eyes snapped open at the sound of someone saying her name.

However, at the lack of recognition, she just pushed that person away before getting up from the bed. She had to find her sister. She had to find Natasha.

She flinched when she felt a hand on her shoulder, grabbing their forearm to flip them over and finally pinned them against the floor. A loud gasp was heard as she took her opponent by surprise.

"Auntie Lena?" that sweet voice got her to finally focus her gaze on her niece's scared face.

"Okay-, I-I guess this is what Clint meant by not waking up a Black Widow assassin" Kate Bishop commented from the spot where she was still pinning her down.

"I'm sorry" she whispered, moving away from her. "Natasha? Where's Natasha?" she asked, still looking for her big sister.

"What do you mean? Is this a trick question or something?" the young archer was confused about what she was referring to.

She sighed while sitting against the bed. Her headache was back. Well, it had never been gone, but it was definitely worse. She pinched the bridge of her nose while closing her eyes for just a few seconds, trying to remember everything that had happened until that moment.

"You took Lena to the park" she looked at the young woman.

"Yes. We took the dogs for a walk" Kate said, to which she nodded, that meant it had not been a dream, hadn't it?

"And before you came back, Natasha broke into the apartment" she continued to tell the events.

"No. Yelena-" the girl shook her head, there was sadness in her voice. "You were having a nightmare when we arrived" Kate explained.

"She was here" she murmured, her heart breaking at the realization that it had been a dream.

"Mama was here?" her niece asked her and she could not avoid the tears that stung in her eyes from running freely down her cheeks.

"Why don't you go to get Auntie Lena a glass of water?" Kate told the little girl, who hesitantly nodded and left them alone. "I'm sorry" her friend pulled her into a hug.

For a moment she fought against the girl's hold, but when the reminder of her sister's death hit her, she formed fits around Kate's t-shirt just seeking comfort.

It had felt so real. Such a cruel dream that brought Tasha back, just to rip her big sister away from her as soon as she would wake up. But Natasha was gone and she was well aware of that.

Kate did not pull away from her until she calmed down completely, still rubbing circles on her back as she tried her best not to start sobbing again, especially when she saw her niece walking to her with the glass of water in her hands.

"Come here" she opened her arms to embrace the little girl.

She removed the glass from the kid's hands to leave on the nightstand, wrapping her arms around the child's small frame before pressing her face against her niece's head.

The little girl just snuggled closer to her, her little face nuzzling against her neck as she sighed content. It soothed her to have that child in her arms.

"Did I scare you?" she questioned her, the child shaking her head. "No?"

"I don't like when you're sad" little Lena whispered as she tried to wipe her tears with her little thumbs.

It brought a smile to her face. She grabbed her niece's hands to leave a few kisses on her palms, blowing raspberries only to get the child to giggle. The little girl tried to remove her hands due to the tickling feeling, but she did not let her as Kate attacked the kid's sides.