5

🌸Sky🌸

After 5 long hours if driving, we finally made it to Big Bear. Kaden decided at the last minute to take his truck and the moron forgot to put the snow chains on his tires.

Do you know how hard it is to find a automotive place that sells snow chains at 5 in the morning?

Well if not, then now you know. I was grumpy, annoyed and about 5 seconds away from strangling him. If he didn't stop and get me coffee, then there would be no more Kaden Matthews. He was lucky I didn't run him over with his own car.

"Kaden, where are we?" I asked as we pulled into a huge driveway behind his parents car. He smiled while getting out of the car and opening up my door.

"Where at my cousin's house" he said and I nodded my head.

"Oh! The cousins you went to visit for a month when you were 13?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Yep, longest month of my life" he said and I agreed. That month was by far the most longest and depressing month for me. I missed him too much to do anything.

Mrs. Mathews knocked and a young woman with curly brown hair and baby bump answered the door. To say she was stunning, was an understatement. She was absolutely gorgeous.

Mr. And Mrs. Matthews hugged the woman while the twins ran inside. She grinned widely when she saw Kaden and I standing on the porch.

"Kaden!" She yelled while opening up her arms widely. He laughed and hugged her as best as he could without hurting her baby bump.

"Eva!" He said with enthusiasm. She laughed and then pushed him inside. She turned to me and engulfed me into a hug. I laughed and she pulled back.

"Hi, My name is Evangeline Green and welcome to my home!" She said cheerfully.

"Hi Evangeline! My name is Sky and Thank you for inviting me to your beautiful home. Congratulations by the way" I said while giving her a smile. She smiled back and ushered me inside.

Kaden intertwined our fingers and pulled me into the living room.

I heard laughter and looked at the Matthews talking with a young attractive blonde man. His blue eyes crinkled with laughter and he wrapped his arms huge arms around Evangeline's tiny waist. We heard a loud crash before Kaden's parents groaned and ran to the twins.

Kaden and I chuckled.

The blonde man looked at us and smirked. Kaden smirked right back.

Yep, they were definitely cousins.

"Hey Gabriel, how's it going?" Kaden asked while they did that guy hug thing. Evangeline and I rolled our eyes at the same time. When we realized what we did, we started giggling together.

"Pretty good" the man named Gabriel said. When he was going to say something, his wife interrupted.

"Kaden, the last time we saw you, you were looking a lot less...grown up" she said and Kaden chuckled.

"Eva, the last time I saw you, you were looking a lot less pregnant" Kaden said and I smacked his head. He cringed and Eva laughed.

"Well, blame that on your cousin" she said and Gabriel beamed proudly while rubbing her tummy.

"What? I like this look on you and have a feeling that'll be seeing it a lot" he said and Eva groaned.

"What are you having?" Kaden asked curiously.

"A girl" Eva said. "She's already Daddy's little girl. Every time he's near, she won't stop kicking" she said while rolling her eyes. Gabriel beamed and his whole face lit up.

"Mommy's just jealous" Gabriel cooed while rubbing her tummy. "Isn't that right little one" he said and Eva swatted his arms away.

"Get away, we have guests" she scolded and Gabriel pouted. He then turned to me and grabbed me into a bear hug.

"Well, if it isn't little Ms. Skylar. My baby cousin talks nonstop about you" he said and Both Kaden and I blushed.

"Good things, I hope" I responded sheepishly. He smiled and nodded.

"Oh, very good things" Gabriel said and Kaden glared. Gabriel was about to say something else, when Kaden interrupted him.

"OKAY ENOUGH! Eva, where will we be staying?" He asked hurriedly. She chuckled.

"I'll show you to your room Kaden" she said and motioned us to follow her. Gabriel stayed behind. We stopped at a while door with a intricate door nob when Eva turned to us. "I know this is last minute but, you guys will have to share. Our nursery kind of took away the fourth guest room. I'm sorry. Skylar, if you feel more comfortable, I could always make Kaden take the couch?" Eva suggested and I laughed.

"It's okay, Eva. Kaden and I are used to sleeping together" I said and she raised an eyebrow. Kaden smirked and I finally processed what I said. A look of horror crossed my face and quickly amended my words. "NOT LIKE THAT! I mean, he sleeps over every night. We've been doing that since we were 7" I rambled on and she held up her hands in surrender. Kaden laughed and ushered me into the room before thanking Eva and kissing her on the cheek.

I fell backwards on the bed and groaned before closing my eyes. I felt the bed dip, before Kaden even opened up his big mouth.

"So? We're used to sleeping together?" He said and I knew he was smirking. I grabbed a pillow and started punching him with it. He laughed.

"Shut up! Don't you ever speak of it again" I said while putting the pillow over my face. He chuckled.

"No, can do doll. That's a story that I'll be telling to our kids" he said and I blushed into the pillow.

Our Kids, yeah right.

I ignored the comment and we were engulfed in silence.

Suddenly, I was being yanked back into a warm, hard chest.

Kaden put his nose in the crook of my neck and I shivered in delight.

"Let's take a nap doll, I'm exhausted" he said and I couldn't help but agree.

In a matter of seconds, I fell asleep on Kaden's chest with his hands twirling my hair.