CHAPTER 5

Don's pov

I sat on top of the huge billboard with the woman still in my lap, she was still holding on into me scared of falling.

"Hey it's alright, we're going to stay here until you calm down then I'll take you home alright" I said when I felt her body shake, she looked up at me still confused why I have wings. I'll probably just ask my uncle to wipe her memory. Or do it myself but that'll make mom more upset....

"Why did you save me?" She asked curiously curling up into me, for some reason I felt warm inside when she did that, I wanted to protect her. I wanted to keep her safe and I have no idea why.

"Honestly... I don't know. I just felt like it wasn't the right time for you to die" I said looking at the sky, remembering the consequences of my actions but once I looked down at her I didn't care.

"What's your name?" I asked, she hesitated at first maybe because she was looking at a human with huge black wings who was also a stranger.

"Jasmine" she finally replied,

"Beautiful name, if you don't mind me asking Jasmine what is it that made you want to kill yourself?" I was wondering why would humans end their lives so easily while they could find ways to change that path and find happiness, but after all I didn't understand a lot of things in the human world.

"I- I'm not sure if I should tell you...but since I think this is all a dream or it's the after life maybe I should just let it out" she said looking away, staring at the city lights.

"I- I was raped, they were 4 men and they all come from rich families. They threatened to ruin my life and my sister's who has been taking care of me for the longest while. I couldn't tell her, I couldn't tell anyone, I also couldn't live in this pain.... I feel dirty" she cried out, I was speechless. I didn't know what to think, how can they be so cruel, all the humans that die and arrive to hell have done things similar to this and they all were sentenced with the worst punishments.

"It's gonna be okay..." I whispered not knowing what to say to her, she just wrapped her arms around me and kept crying.

"Hey Jasmine, can you tell me where you live so I can take you there?" I was flying away from the billboard waiting for her to answer, she showed me where she lived and it wasn't far from where we were.

I reached the front door and I made my wings disappear then rung the bell. I waited for a few seconds for the person to open the door and when they did, my jaw dropped so hard. Delilah was standing in front of me confused, stunned and scared. When she didn't say anything, I cleared my throat and pointed to the sleeping girl in my arm, Delilah stepped out of the way I quickly placed Jasmine on the couch and fixed my shirt. I know it was torn from the back, because I had to rip it to get my wings out.

"What happened?! Is she okay?!" She asked hurriedly, she sat on the couch next to the younger girl. She gently touched her face and caressed her hair, I noticed that she wasn't awearing professional clothes anymore but a red satin robe, her long legs were closed and she was leaning forward which made me take a look at her cleavage. I quickly looked away so I don't make her uncomfortable.

"I was chilling on one of my buildings' rooftop and I saw her. Good thing I stopped her before she jumped, maybe you should ask her what's wrong" I said standing up and whipping my hands on my thighs nervously.

"Wait what? You're saying my sister wanted to kill herself?" She whispered with tears in her eyes, I didn't know what to say so I just nodded my head.

"When she tells you what's wrong, I'll be more than glad to help you." I said heading to the door, I felt a hand grab my wrist and gently spin me around. I looked at Delilah who was looking at me with a grateful face, she surprised me by wrapping her arms around me in a tight hug. Her head was resting on my chest and I'm pretty sure she can hear my heartbeats.

"Thank you..." She whispered, I patted her back gently in a comforting way trying not to be awkward.

"You don't have to come to work tomorrow Delilah, stay with your sister and try to talk to her." I said opening the door, I walked away far from Delilah's sight and when I reached the end of the street I opened my wings and flew back to my house.

I put my hand on the handle and the door swung open revealing a very terrified looking Alec.

"She's here?!" I asked, he nodded and stepped out of the way. I walked further in the room and my mom was pacing around the place looking angry.

"Hi mom!" I said, she stopped pacing and turned around to look at me. Her eyes turned pitch black and her wings spread in an intimidating way, I backed away but that only made her walk closer to me.

"What the fuck did I say Donovan!" She yelled, I swallowed hard when she was finally standing in front of me.

"I thought I told you not to use your powers unless it's threatening your safety!" She yelled again, I've never seen her this upset and I didn't know how to handle the moment so I did the first thing that came to my mind. I hugged her.

"Mom, I promise, it wasn't for something stupid. The girl was going to jump from a rooftop and I couldn't not save her" I explained, I felt her wings close and disappear behind her back making me smile.

"If that was her destiny, I don't think you can change it. If she was going to die tonight and you stopped it, then she will another time. You just delayed it" I felt my heart sink feeling sorry for Jasmine, I'm gonna make sure she gets her revenge before she's gone.

"Mom, give me some time please. I have to help them. I promise, I'll come back as soon as those bastards get what they deserve." I know mom already knew what I was talking about since she read my thoughts to see if I was lying. She sighed and backed away with her hand on her forehead.

"I don't know Don, I really don't" she whispered,

"And the human knows you have wings now, how are you going to explain that" I'm sure I can find away to explain it to her.

"I'll come back and I won't ever ask you to come here again. Please mom, let me help them" she gave me a confused look,

"Why do you wanna help then so bad?" She asked curiously, because for the first time I'm feeling something. I don't know it is, but I like the warmth in my chest.

"Both of them?! Aren't they sisters?!" My mom asked confused, I felt my cheeks get warmer and I looked down.

"I- I don't know, they're cute" I confessed,

"Well don't get attached to the dead one, that's gonna hurt like a bitch" she said in a matter of fact tone, my eyes widened and I heard Alec burst out laughing.

"Mom!"

"What?! I'm just saying!" She shrugged her shoulders, getting ready to leave the place.

"Remember your promise, when it ends you come back. Or your uncle will take you powers" she warned me, I smiled and nodded my head. She waved and opened the door then disappearing into the night sky.

**************************
Very interesting 🤔

Have a good day everyone!

I love you all!!!

-S