V

CHAPTER FIVE: DEAL OR DEAL

SOUJIN POV

"I'm back," I said as I stepped inside the firm, and Yeonjun looks at me as he looked like he has been running in circles for 2 hours.

"Ah, Soujin? You're back, how's the inteview? Did you gather some information? Were you hurt? Did something happen on your way?" Yeonjun asked, and I placed my suitcase on the table before sighing.

"I didn't seem to feel anything suspicious.... but....

....Song Jaepil was lying."

"L-lying? How could you say he was lying?" Yeonjun asked and I sighed as I sat on a chair.

"Firstly, he offered me tea. I didn't take that tea for several reasons, because tea is supposed to be clear unless cream or milk has been mixed with it. I saw that Mr. Song prepared tea with only tea bags and hot water, but when I recieved mine.... it was a bit cloudy and little texture in it, thus I assumed it was drugged tea," I said, and Yeonjun nodded.

"Drugged.... huh. That's enough proof to be convinced that he was lying," Yeonjun said.

"Also, his statements had many contradictions," I replied as I took out my laptop.

"Mr. Song Jaepil said that he was not present during the December 25 massacre. But it was clearly stated in the police report that Kyonghwan served as a main sponsor to one of the events that took place in the crime scene, it is impossible to rule out Mr. Song because it was a main and important event, and he as the CEO must be there, since he said he was at home, but Jaepil's attendance was reported there at exactly 6 in the evening three hours before the massacre," I said as I tapped some words inside.

"Also, Mr. Song said that he had no transactions with Mr. Jeon, and he also lied about the date that he had met Mr. Jeon," I replied, and Yeonjun's eyes brightened.

"Would you believe that two good friends would not strike a deal with each other, Mr. Choi? I don't have that proof, but I speculate it. Mr. Song Jaepil's statements conflicted one another, so I must confirm if Kyonghwan and Bangtan have any connections," I said as I looked at the files.

"What you said sounded really convincing. Even in the laptop you wrote in for their answers, it was stated that Jeon was a powerful family name, until.... now," Yeonjun hummed as he read the words noted in the laptop.

"I am also curious of this San guy. But, I don't know how I'm going to meet such a rich man like him," I sighed.

"You want... to meet Choi San? The CEO of SAN Group? It would be difficuly considering that our law firm does not involve themselves with them, because they have a different firm with them," Yeonjun sighed.

"I'll go ask Yuuri noona to help you out, you can go to Jungkook, he's known San... right? If you go to him now, he might have an idea," Yeonjun said as he walked out of the room.

THIRD PERSON POV

"Yuuri noona...?" Yeonjun said as he opened the door, and Yuuri was found sitting infront of her computer, staring at the screen.

"000.... sender 000," she mumbled as she looked at Yeonjun.

"I don't know if this is some spam or just a prank mail, but I won't tolerate any clown trying to mess with us," Yuuri said, and Yeonjun sighed.

"And why Bae Soujin... it's her second day or something.... why her out of all the people?" She said as she clicked her pen.

"I also noticed something," Yuuri said as she tapped Yeonjun's arm.

"I noticed something as I read the email. The mail won't disappear. There is no trash or forward. It seems like it's not a spam, it was an email specifically for us," Yuuri said.

"Then... why Bae Soujin?" Yeonjun asks.

"Something probably related to Jeon Jungkook. I don't have evidence, and lawyers need evidence to prove, no? But one thing is for sure, we need to make sure Soujin is safe," Yuuri replied.

SOUJIN POV

"Didn't I tell you I don't need your stupid help? What do you think you're trying to prove?" Jungkook asks, this time looking a bit more on edge.

"Mr. Jeon, I'm trying to prove your innocence. I'm not saying that what you did was not wrong, but didn't the police say that you were caught after major evidences led to you, I want to look behind those evidences," I replied, and Jungkook grumbled.

"So what? I don't want an attorney to prove my innocence. Every lawyer is just the same, they take my money, and fail to do what they're told, and they run away in the end," Jungkook replied and I sighed.

"Did you lose your will to live, Mr. Jeon?" I asked.

"What?"

"I heard your company, was bankrupt, ever since you were in jail. It would be a shame if your father knew what happened to you," I said.

"Don't talk about my father like that you...," Jungkook exhales.

"This is why... Mr. Jeon, give me a chance," I said, and Jungkook cocks a brow.

"Chance?"

"The chance to solve this case. I want to make a deal with you too," I said, and Jungkook sits straight.

"If you cooperate, I'll find a very strong evidence, and if I do, would you take the honor of being my client?" I grinned, and Jungkook clicks his tongue.

"You... know your negotiations, I like those kinds of people, they have them wrapped around their finger," Jungkook smirks, as he leans towards me, looking at me in the eye.

"Then I won't give you money unless you find that strong evidence, if you have strong evidence, then I'll put my trust in you, Miss Attorney," Jungkook crosses his arms.

"Deal, I'm not partially in it for the money I guess," I replied.

"You're honest, well then. I'll cooperate," Jungkook says as he sits infront of me.

"I'll tell you how to meet CEO San."

------

(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or u will turn into a spider

Fyi Jaepil is in his early 30s why are yall saying hes 50 hshs 😭😭😭

BUT I WAS GONE BC OF my finals aaaah but im done now :(

note: I also started republishing to organize them sorry :)