Twenty eight

Caleb

If there is anything I have learned about this family in my twenty six years of life, is that we cannot do anything in an organized manner.

For example, today.

We have to be at the airport in half an hour.

Wes is currently looking for his pants because his apparently got switched with someone else's.

Tyler fell asleep on one of the Kalanski's lawn chairs outside. He had to have makeup put on by Belle, Lexi and Emma, to cover the fact that his face resembles a fucking lobster.

Amy is laughing at the fact that he resembles a fire truck. She's calling it her pay back for him laughing at her after all the times she's turn red when we'd all be drinking.

Danielle and Ben made only what I can describe as a four year old pact and threw both Danny's and Ryans dress shoes in the pool.

Arya is yelling...per usual.

The Kalanski men are, well actually they're out together.

That Kalanski woman though. She's chaos.

And it is fantastic.

Since returning I've gotten glimpses of the old Bailey, the one that was loud and outspoken, a leader. Brazen even. She was a force to be reckoned with, she still is, but she lost her confidence and control.

Today though, the Bailey Belle I grew up with is back.

She jumped into the pool to get the shoes, she mixed makeup to match Tyler's skin tone, right now she's currently helping Wes in finding the right pants for his suit. All while yelling at those around her to stop being dumbasses.

All with hair barely dried and no makeup done.

It was a good thing we were flying in early and staying in one of the penthouses in downtown Dallas tonight after the event. Everyone agreed to finish getting ready once we arrived, or in Baileys's case, get ready in general.

"I found his pants," she slumps into a chair across from me at their table, "It's like I have a damn kid, I'm too young for a kid right now,"

"You realize our parents both had kids when they were younger than us right?" I grin at her tired face.

"Nope, don't want to think about that," she shakes her head "I love Danielle, and kids would be amazing but it would also be terrifying as hell," she snorts, her eyes meeting mine.

I don't doubt her fears, especially growing up with the mom she did. She once told me all the women In her family were terrible, believing she was bound to end up like her mother.

At fourteen Bailey was twice the woman her mother ever was, I could only imagine her kids being proud to have her as their mom.

"I completely understand," My grin matches hers. There was a point where I wanted a lot of kids, I mean I still do but with my life as insane as it is I don't know if it would be possible.

Liv is also weary of kids, and despite the many I want, the decision is ultimately hers.

Though I'm not sure where her and I stand at this point in our relationship. I love her but things have been different since I came back here and she hasn't been the Olivia I fell in love with.

She doesn't trust me at all, no matter what I do, and I don't know if she ever will. I question if I really want to spend the rest of my life with someone like that.

I don't deserve that.

"You spaced out," Belle laughs at me, her smile bright.

The difference time back here has made with her.