042 - Ghost

(042 - Ghost.)

Congratulations to vilalove09 and @Adeola3388 for coming in third place during our Quiz night on the group chat 🤣. It was fun... and they said the questions were hard. They weren't hard na. You people are not just reading ni🌚.

This is an opportunity. If you haven't joined the group chat for my books, you are definitely missing out. If you are interested, just send me a DM and I'll send you the link. You guys are going to enjoy yourselves.

Semeeha, Semeeha, Semeeha. How many times did I call you? Hmmn.

E go be💀☹️.

𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐇𝐀(Semeeha Iris Malik)

𝐒𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐄𝐇𝐀
(Semeeha Iris Malik)

I stared down at the screen of my phone, watching all my messages loading on Whatsapp. When I saw the group chat I was looking for, my eyes settled on it, blinking with anticipation as I watched the messages from last night increase with each buzz.

And I waited.

I sat down on my bed and waited to see one indication that I was tagged in the chats. I mean, out of over five hundred messages they sent to the group chat, they should have at least tagged me in one right? Just to show that they missed me in whatever they were discussing.

Come on. I was biting down on my fingernails now.

Even if Hilary or Dawn didn't tag me which I was sure they didn't, Kizito should have tagged me. He's always tagging me whenever I'm not available for a discussion on our group chat, just to include me whenever I come online.

But there was nothing. No "At Sign". Nothing at all.

Six hundred and fifty-five messages between 7:30 pm and 11:30 pm last night and I wasn't tagged once.

The three of them had chatted yesterday on the group chat without including me... like I wasn't even there, just as it has been going on for an entire week now.

Wow.

A burst of humorless, scoff-like laughter escaped my lips and I shook my head.

I shouldn't be surprised since it wasn't the first time this was happening. I shouldn't be pained. I mean, it's just a tag, right? Maybe what they might have been discussing didn't involve me which was probably why I wasn't tagged or included.

But I knew better. I knew I was being ignored. And I was both surprised and pained.

Terribly so.

"Wow," I repeated under my breath, feeling another sharp sting of hurt pierce my heart like an arrow.