Chapter Forty-Three

(Your Pov)

After a long day with Thor as he dragged you around to meet all his friends, you desperately tried to escape. Which left you wandering towards the gardens, in search of some form of calm. With your curse finally broken you supposed you'd be having quite a lot of that, although while dating Loki you could never tell. Really, in life you could never really tell.

"Y/N?" A voice called from somewhere behind you, making you jump in surprise. But you relaxed when you recognised it, relieved when the mischief maker himself showed up.

"I'm over here." You flash a smile, looking back at his emerald eyes. He met your own and smiled, before moving to sit besides you.

The two of you simply sat in silence for a few moments, watching how the plants and creatures alike moved in response to each other. Nearly like a dance, and yet so natural it was practically instinctual.

However it wasn't long until Loki sighed, bringing your attention to him. You waited for him to speak, although words never even started to leave his mouth. But you weren't overly concerned, as this sigh held a contentedness to it. Like he wanted nothing more in the world.

"What has you in such a good mood?" You smirk, and he turned to look you in the eyes. With a mischievous smile of his own across his face, despite how he tried to say the next line solemnly.

"My father told me that I am now the heir to the throne."

"You're going to be king?" You stare in shock, and it seemed Loki couldn't hold in his smile anymore. He was happy about this, and his joy spread to you like wildfire. You couldn't stop the enormous smile from your own face either. "That's amazing, Loki! Congratulations!"

"Thank you, love." When you hugged him in your excitement, he returned the act as well. And you two simply sat there in happiness, everything perfectly falling into place.

You were right.

It really did just take a little fate.