ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ

☟︎

*two weeks later*

               If gabby was to tell anyone that her life had taken a huge U-turn, and circled back around to put her in the dark place she was once stuck in... she wouldn't be lying.  Things were no longer simple, and she's back in deep danger. She looked out of the window in class, history to be exact, when her teacher began reading a piece of text, almost putting the class to sleep.

               She was suddenly snapped out of thought by a hand being placed on her shoulder, "hey gabby? It's quarter past three..." her teacher looked down at her in confusion.  The whole class left five minutes ago, yet gabby hadn't moved or noticed the sudden disperse of her classmates. She furrowed her brows, "right" she stood up and grabbed her backpack, "gabby?" Her teacher stopped her before she could leave the class. She slowly turned around to see the older woman with a frown on her face, "your grades are dropping again, anything you wanna tell me about?" The woman enquired. Gabby shook her head, "no, I'm just struggling on this chapter..." she babbled on.

                 "Well I can certainly help you after school..." the woman began.  Gabby smiled weakly, "thank you... but it's fine miss goodman, I just need to study some more" she nodded, before quickly leaving the class which left no room for debate. Gabby slightly rolled her eyes as she ran out of the school grounds, seeing jay sat in his truck, "I thought you got lost" he smiled weakly as she threw her backpack into the back seat.  She smiled weakly before sighing, "you good?" He began driving.  Gabby hummed a positive response before focusing on the scenes outside of the window. He furrowed his brows, not liking her recent change in behaviour and sighed.

"What's going on?" He looked ahead of him. Gabby shook her head, "nothing, just exams" she shrugged. Jay raised an eyebrow yet kept his eyes on the road, "you can't use that excuse forever" he shrugged.  Gabby bit her bottom lip, "I'm fine" she nodded slightly.  Jay slowly shook his head to himself, the last time he heard that and questioned her ability to tell the truth was at least a year ago.  It scares him to think that she could fall into the dark place she fought so hard to get out of.

~

At around 7:30pm, Erin wandered into Gabbys room to see the teenager already asleep, she frowned and checked her phone for the time before slowly making her way over to her. With a small sigh she flicked the lamp off and set her phone onto charge before planting a kiss onto her forehead then leaving her to rest, maybe she's coming down with a sickness?

Once gabby was sure she heard her bedroom door close, she rolled onto her back and wiped her tears away, that was close... The thing is, she's been seeing her biological father all around the city, and she's sure he's following her. Yesterday she saw him in the school driveway, but when she left to go home, he was gone. The thought of him entering her life again makes her regret everything...

                She's never met him before, not whilst she was old enough to remember him anyways.  But she knows what he looks like, his name, and what he did to her biological mother.  He's the reason she turned to drugs, he did that to her...

~

The next day, after school, gabby noticed the same bald headed man stood by the school drive, she she decided to wait it off and let him leave, whatever he wants... he isn't getting it. After ten minutes, he wasn't showing any signs of leaving, "what're you doing gabs?" The sound of a familiar voice called out from down the hall. She turned around rapidly to see hank stood at the office hatch, "oh, I just didn't know if anyone was picking me up today..." she lied. Hank frowned before looking out of the window to see a man, whom she was presumably staring at, "who's that?" He enquired. Gabby shrugged, "I don't know" she raised her eyebrows. Before either of them could say anything, the man had began walking away, leaving gabby on edge once again. For some odd reason, she feels better knowing where he is, than not knowing if he's standing anywhere near her.

                 "Are you sure?" Hank wrapped his arm around her shoulder.  Gabby nodded, "yeah, he was probably just waiting for his kid or something..." she shrugged, lying again... she isn't fully wrong. She looked over at hank, "what were you doing here anyways?" She furrowed her brows. Hank smiled weakly, "I had to talk to the principal about a kid involved in the case we're working" he nodded. Gabby nodded, "I'm sure my class'll end up talking about it soon" she snickered. Hank smiled, "well if they do, just keep out of it" he nodded, a hint of seriousness in his tone.  She smiled weakly and nodded, "busy day?" He enquired.  She shrugged and sighed, "so and so" she nodded.

Later that day, gabby was sat in hanks office, on his spinning chair, staring at the empty desk. The unit was out on a warrant arrest, and she was sick of looking at the break room walls. She was sat running her fingers over hanks spare badge, she always used to want to become a detective when she was younger, but now after seeing what they have to go through, she doesn't want to anymore.  Her eyes hadn't left the desk in at least half an hour, she felt drained, and constantly on edge, "hey..." a voice called out from the doorway.  She looked up, only to instantly fall off the chair sideways, her eyes landed on the man she never wanted to meet...

                  "Gabby?" Jays voice snapped her out of thought.  She looked up with tears streaming down her face, to see that nobody was there, she had imagined her own biological father coming to ruin her life, "what's going on?" He moved the tipped over chair out of the way. She scrambled over to him and buried her face into his shirt, "he's gonna get me..." she sobbed. Jay looked over his shoulder to see the unit staring at him in confusion, as hank and Erin made their way into the office, he wrapped his arms around her and rubbed her back soothingly, "who's gonna get you, gabs?" He enquired.  Gabby shook her head, "my dad..." she sobbed, still shaking from the fright a few seconds ago.

Hank frowned, "the man from school? Gabby, was that your dad?" He crouched down.  Gabby looked up, "I'm sorry I lied..." she cried out, "I was scared" she shook her head. Hank placed a hand on her shoulder, "it's okay, it's okay. We're gonna deal with this, alright?" He squeezed her shoulder.  Gabby nodded as Erin crouched down, "what does he look like, sweetheart?" She cupped gabbys face.  Gabby sniffled, "he's bald... covered in tattoos, tall erm... big, uh... white of course..." she stumbled around in her words.  Jay nodded, "that's okay, we have enough to identify him" he rubbed her back.

~
*implications of SH*

"Hey honey..." erin wandered into gabbys room to see her laying on her side. Gabby smiled weakly, "hi" she sniffled. Erin sat down, "I really wanted to tell you, I did. It's just, I was scared. I saw what he did to my mom, and I was just scared... I'm sorry" gabby sighed. Erin brushed gabbys hair away from her face, "it's okay baby, you've got nothing to worry about. We're gonna solve it, and everything will go back to how it was" she smiled weakly. Gabbys small smiled dropped slightly, "what's going on?" Erin noticed. Gabby shook her head and quickly rolled over, "gabby?" Erin enquired, placing a hand on the teenagers shoulder.

Gabby shook her head, "you're gonna hate me" she sobbed. Jay appeared in the doorway, "everything okay?" He mouthed. Erin shrugged, "why would we hate you gabs? We would never" she rubbed gabbys back. Gabby sobbed, "I lied, about everything" she covered her ears. Jay furrowed his brows, "is she okay?" He placed a hand on Erin's back. Erin shook her head, "I really don't know... gabs baby, c'mon..." she rubbed gabbys leg. Gabby cried out, "it got bad again" she sobbed. Erin looked up at jay through worried eyes, "I'm not okay..." gabby sniffled. Erin frowned, "c'mon, it's okay. You wanna tell us? Please?" She sat down next to her as jay took her place on the edge of the bed.

"Please don't hate me" gabby rolled over again. She saw jay sat in front of her and gabby sat next to her, as she curled up in a foetal position, "I'm sorry..." she whispered. Erin frowned, "gabby? What's going on?" She planted a gentle hand on her arm, already suspecting what was going on. Jay looked up at Erin, checking that he was on the right line. Gabby sighed heavily, tiredly almost, "don't be mad" she whispered. In that moment, Erin knew, she knew gabby had relapsed, after so long and much hard work, one man was capable of putting her back in a dark place she fought tremendously hard to get out of. Erin closed her eyes, "we're not mad honey, just worried..." she gently rubbed gabbys arm. Jay had already laid down to pull the teenager into a hug, how could things go so wrong...?