0.1

If you looked closely, Ahn Yujin from Class 2-3 was everything anyone could want.

Boyishly pretty, with short hair, charmingly bright eyes under wire spectacles, and bow-shaped lips. Cute teeth that reminded her of a bunny, and a cheery personality to match. A clever tongue that could get itself cut off.

At least, that's what Jang Wonyoung noticed about her the first time they met.

"You seem unapproachable."

"And yet, here you are," the other girl replied nonchalantly, not looking at her.

Wonyoung scoffed, interrupting the scratch of graphite against paper. "Whatcha doin?"

"Baking a cake. What's it look like?" Yujin tossed back. Though she wasn't paying attention to Wonyoung, she was warm, and inviting.

Wonyoung wanted to cup her face and, and...

She wasn't sure. Maybe she wanted to grab her head and twist it off her neck. There was a term for this. Cuteness aggression.

Scooting onto the bench next to her, she peered over at the sketchbook.

"My name's Jang Wonyoung. What's yours?" She stuck out a hand.

The other girl put the pencil down and shook it. "I'm Yujin. Pretty name."

"Oh," Wonyoung gasped, "thanks! You too-"

"I was talking about me," Yujin said cheekily, continuing to shade.

Wonyoung backed away. "You!-" Oh. What a frustrating girl.

"But your name is pretty too," Yujin said softly.

"Oh, um, thanks."

Shyly, Wonyoung sat back down, closer this time. She rested her chin on her palm and leaned forward so she could see what Yujin was drawing better.

"That's pretty good," she commented.

Wonyoung saw a smile spread across her face through her hair. "Of course it is. I'm going to be famous one day."

"You look like you get comfortable with people easy, huh?" Yujin added, noticing how close Wonyoung was. The space between them was closing in, Wonyoung's chin inches away from her hand and pencil.

She retreated as gracefully as possible, tossing her hair over her shoulder to mask embarassment.

"No, actually. I guess you're just a warm person."

"Aw," Yujin giggled. "You're cute."

Wonyoung felt a subtle speed up in her heartbeat. She cleared her throat.

"Yeah, um. How old are you?"

"I saw you in the library earlier. You're from Class 1-2, right?"

"Yeaaah," Wonyoung bleated, dragging it out as she figured out what to say next. "I'm, um... Yeah, that's me. I'm new."

Yujin put down her pencil with a suddenness that made Wonyoung jump back, and closed her sketchbook before she had a chance to catch a glimpse of the finished product.

"I'm from Class 2-3, so I'm one year your senior. Nice to meet you, Wonyoung."

Something about the way Yujin said it - Won-Young - sounded so nice and crisp. Wonyoung caught herself looking at her teeth.

"You have bunny teeth," she said absentmindedly, pointing them out. Yujin looked at her protruding index finger and grinned widely, displaying straight pearly whites.

"I do have bunny teeth!" Yujin laughed, "I like them a lot, actually."

"Oh, well, um, they suit you!" Wonyoung said nervously.

"And you have nice hands," Yujin said. "But mine are definitely bigger."

As they pressed their palms together, Wonyoung noticed how chipped the other girl's nails were. Green paint was stuck under the nail of her ring finger.

"They are after all," Wonyoung said. Yujin hummed, and they seperated.

"Hey, Wonyoung, what classes do you have tomorrow?" Yujin asked, getting up from the bench and slinging her bookbag over her shoulder.

"Math, and economics. That, and-"

"Let's have lunch tomorrow, Wonyoung!"

And just like that, Yujin had gone to walk home, leaving a confused and intrigued Wonyoung on the bench.