ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ

Age- 12
Warnings- throwing up
Words- 2.2K+

────

SCARLETT'S POV
"and then this" y/n smiles doing 4 pirouettes, this kid was so hyper, we were going to her first dance competition in 2 years due to covid. She still danced everyday and everywhere she was.

"Woah hunny that's amazing" i smile widely clapping my hands for her as she goes all shy and red telling me to stop.

"What you did so well" i say in a funny voice pulling her into me and onto my lap

"Thanks mama" y/n nervously laughs into my shoulder, after telling her how good she is going to be and how amazing she was going to do we decided to shut everything down and go to bed.

"Where are you going" i say putting my hands on my hips as y/n walks into my room ignoring my question. She just giggles and runs up to the bed throwing herself on top of it crawling to the far side and scrambling to get under the duvet.

I shake my head, walking into my room and getting changed into a tank top and short as y/n 'sleeps'. After I was done I looked behind seeing y/n look like she was actually asleep with the duvet tucked up to her chin and her lips parted by a small amount.

I smile and slip under the duvet next to her, i lie on my side looking dow at y/n just realising how lucky I was to have her.

"Goodnight my love, i love you so much" i whisper kissing her forehead, placing my leg over one of her's and an arm securely around her waist holding her close. Her head subconsciously moves into my chest, tucking deep into my neck as I feel her warm breath on my neck.

                                ❀

Soon later 6am rolled around and my alarm went of, being a light sleeper it woke me up immediately but not so much for y/n, it might be a struggle getting her up.

I slipped y/n's leg off my waist and carefully slipped out of her embrace and headed to the bathroom, brushing my teeth.

Luckily everything we needed was packed and we would arrive back home tomorrow, we were staying in a hotel tonight as her competition was in New Jersey and we were in New York.

"Y/n, can you wake up" i whisper stroking hair out of her face which was slightly damp due to her mouth being open during the night, making me cringe a little.

"Y/nnn" i say a bit louder shaking her shoulder a little bit as her eyelashes start fluttering.

"Noooo" y/n groans loudly placing her arms over her head and turning her face away and falling back asleep. I sighed leaving the room having to do this the hard way.

After placing all our bags in the car and left the door open and entered the house again and upstairs to my room.

I lifted y/n up under the legs and her back letting her rest her head shoulder. I closed my bedroom down and locked the front door on my way out letting the cold breeze hit of my face.

Unfortunately for me, my neighbour just so happened to be putting her bins out the front as I was walking down the drive.

"Got your hands full there" he jokes making an appearance, i mentally roll my eyes turning to him chuckling slightly.

"Yeah, got a dance competition and this one's out like a light" i joke making my way to the car

"Good luck" he shouts from his garden while i go round the Side of the car to strap in y/n.

I strapped her in and let her head rest against the passenger window as she was in the passenger seat and went round to my side, waving to my neighbour and pulling out of the estate and onto the highway.