Old Lady Jiang

The next morning the family woke up to another hearty meal. Tang Shushui cooked chicken porridge with orange juice, made apple puree for the baby, then made an additional herbal chicken soup, and told the Shen family to drink it throughout the day. The Shen family was more than grateful to the Jiang Family for the help they received, so they were a little awkward at the table.

"Uncle Shen and Auntie Shen are coming this morning right?" Tang Shushui inquired with a gentle voice.

"Yes, they should be arriving in some minutes." Granny Shen responded with a smile.

"Alright. Yesterday with everything going on I didn't have time to really talk to you guys and your rooms needed a little bit of ventilation, so I couldn't make you sleep in them. I will be showing you guys your rooms after work." Tang explained.

"The rooms we slept in yesterday weren't ours?" Shen Yuan Fang asked bewildered.

"No, since mother-in-law already planned to live with you guys since the beginning, I had your rooms made with care and especially for you. The rooms you slept in were guest rooms. Your rooms need at least one more day of ventilation. You guys each have a room, and the baby too. Since Yuan Fang is married he will have a room with his wife and since both Granny Shen and Uncle Shen are also married they will also have their own rooms with their partners. It's sister-in-law's choice to put the baby in his room, so if you guys have any issues with the arrangement you can come to talk to me." Tang Shushui explained patiently.

"Then we thank sister-in-law in advance for your consideration. We can talk about the arrangements after work." Shen Yuan Fang responded in a thankful voice.

"No problem." Tang Shushui responded honestly. He truly didn't have a problem. Since he was a child he's always wanted a big family and his dream was being fulfilled right now, so what other complaints could he have?

The Shen family slowly started to relax, and joined the chat at the table, they were all interrupted when they heard a knock at the door. Jiang Yanwei placed his bowl down and went to get the door. When he opened them he saw a skinny middle-aged man standing with a ger that looked no better. At one glance you could tell they were malnourished. This fact seemed to pain the Jiang family to no end.

"Come in Uncle Shen and Auntie." Jiang Yanwei said as he went over to support the ger.

"Ah, auntie forgot to bring those roasted snacks you like, you're not angry at auntie are you?" Auntie Shen suddenly recalled and asked as he looked carefully at Jiang Yanwei, he seemed to have forgotten that Jiang Yanwei was no longer a child. Hearing the ger say that, Jiang Yanwei's eyes slowly reddened. No matter how poor, or how much the Shen family suffered they still tried to put them first. Especially Auntie Shen, who always took care of him as a child. He was indeed a brat, getting mad at his auntie for not bringing him snacks when he came back from town after work.

"No, how could I be mad at Auntie? Auntie took care of me when I was a child and now it's my turn to take of Auntie, so Auntie doesn't have to worry about anything ok?" Jiang Yanwei assured, and it seemed like it was Auntie Shen's turn to cry. Seeing how this brat grew Auntie Shen was no longer worried about his future, she was proud to see his growth over the years.

"Jiang Yanwei you never change do you? Every time I come to see you, you always try to steal my wife! What is wrong with you?"  Uncle Shen questioned in an angry voice, but the smile on his face betrayed him. He would often joke about this with Jiang Yanwei since he was a child, so Jiang Yanwei himself was used to this kind of joke.

The family joked for a little bit before leading the Shen couple to the shower. Haohao gave them three sets of clothes and two sets of shoes. The couple seemed to be out of it throughout the whole process. This was the first time they had such treatment. They were even more shocked by the food that they were going to eat.