Adrien + Marinette sin (not my story)

Fic called Spare The Road, Spoil The Child by Lstories

NONE OF THESE STORYS ARE FROM WATTPAD THEY ARE FROM A WEBSITE (NOT APP) CALLED ARCHIVE OF OUR OWN!

Enjoy <3 (its a long one)

It started out with nothing, really. Only a message. 'Do you wanna play at truth or dare?' Alya had asked in a group chatwith her, Nino and Marinette — the latter was, by the way, deeply convinced that Alya had created another group chat, but this time with her, Nino and Adrien. Marinette had raised her eyebrows, examined the idea a few seconds, time which had been enough for her to come to the conclusion that it was bad. Only, she didn't yet know how much. Of course, Nino had followed his girlfriend, and Marinette had been drawn into the game without really wanting it.

Alya knew exactly where to sting to awaken the competitive instinct of her best friend. "C'mon, Mari, don't be so shy!" she had sent to her. Marinette had answered that she wasn't 'hung-up', only careful. But,less to make please her friends less than to convince herself that she was definitely not 'shy', she finally accepted.

At first, the questions were had been light and the dares pretty easy. Marinette, who really had needed to clear her head, had been almost happy to have accepted to play. To think of it, she sighed. She had dropped her guard too fast. How could she seriously think that playing at this game with Alya could be light or easy?

Little by little, while Marinette's phone didn't stop to vibrating, the game was becomig way more than that. Far from being stupid, Marinette had guessed there was a plan behind Alya's and Nino's questions. Strangely, they had all taken a similar direction. A direction with golden hair, beautiful green eyes and a hypnotic look. Now, Marinette was cursing herself for not having cut this discussion off, for not having turned off her phone, for not having thrown her phone from the car where she was. Having to buy a new phone seemed way more acceptable than the embarrassment she was living right now.

'Truth,' Marinette answered Marinette when Alya asked her the question. 'C'mon, change a little change! You have answered 'truth' since we started,' her best friend reproached to her. It was a bad idea, a very, very bad idea, but Marinette wrote a message, the one she should never have sent: 'Okay, dare, then.'

She could imagine the pleased smile emerge on Alya's face when a 'read' was displayed below her message. The seconds which preceded her answer had seemed to last forever to Marinette. Five seconds during which she imagined all sorts of scenarios, but definitely not the one she was now plunged into. She looked her up from the screen, watched the landscape go by behind the window, had almost had the time to see a herd of horses grazing in a field bordered by the road when Alya's answer was here. Marinette reread the message. One time. Two times. Ten times. Nothing could be done, the sentence stayed the same, the words stayed identical.

"Go buy a box of condoms."

Simple. Clear. Precise. Maybe too simple, too clear, too precise for Marinette's brain. "What do you mean?" she had answered. "Go to the pharmacy, take a box of condoms, take out three euros from your pocket, pay, and that's it," was Alya's simple explanation. Playing up her lack of understanding didn't work, so she tried to reason: "But why? It would be waste. I mean, you very well know I'm not gonna use them."

Marinette feverishly waited for Alya's answer, but it was Nino who sent a text: "They'll be used, don't worry about that." And she didn't know how to answer to that. Well, no, she did. The messages she had sent to Alya and Nino were the proof. She didn't know how to answer convincingly.

After a while, when the fields changed into buildings and the green stretch into a grey vastness, Marinette stopped attacking her phone. After all, it wasn't dramatic.