Chapter 61: Rebirth

"All... Might..." she whispered.

He was different than she remembered him though, he looked healthier if that were possible, and his eyes showed brightly from their sockets, no longer sunken and difficult to see his eyes. It was strange, now that she saw him in this form, she realized just how deep his injury had run.

At her whisper, his expression softened and he went down to one knee so he was even in height with her.

"I'm happy to see that you are safe and healthy," he said, not quite as loudly as before.

Then he reached out and drew her into a hug.

His massive arms wrapped around her and she didn't resist. She hugged him back and the security she felt from his embrace brought tears to her eyes. She cried silently into his shoulder, and he held her, patting her back. Eventually, though, they broke apart and she wiped her eyes. She felt like she'd been crying a lot lately, and was a little bit annoyed by it.

"But... how..." she said, trying to understand what was happening.

"It's... a long story, but one you need to hear." All Might said.

"Perhaps it would be best if you sit down." Said the unknown man still sitting. He waved his hand and a chair appeared beneath her.

She looked down and sat on it, despite it looking like ornate wood, it was very comfortable. All Might likewise sat back down in his chair and moved it closer to her.

"For starters, let me introduce myself. My name is Yoichi Shigaraki." said the skinny man.

Ochako's eyes snapped to him and she felt a wave of hate and anger boil inside her. Then All Might reached over and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay, let him explain. Everything will make sense eventually." He said, reassuring her with his words and bright smile.

She fought to bring herself under control and after a few deep breaths were calm once more. When she was calm, the skinny man continued.

"My name is Yoichi Shigaraki and I am All For One's younger brother," he said.

Ochako stared, not quite believing what she was hearing. Before she could say anything he continued his explanation.

"AFO, my older brother, was born back during the early years of quirks first coming into existence. As you know he could steal quirks and use them for himself or give them to others. I was born quirkless, not uncommon for the time. I opposed my evil brother, and as a cruel joke, he gave me the ability to stockpile power. Yet I had a quirk I didn't realize until shortly after. I could transfer my quirk to another. When it became clear I could not defeat my brother I passed my power to another." Yoichi Shigaraki said.

"That quirk was known as One For All. My quirk." All Might said. "It is a quirk whose single purpose is to stop AFO. I thought I managed it once, that is how I came to be horribly injured. Then I actually accomplished it at Kamino."

"But... Shigaraki, ehm..." Ochako fumbled, looking to the other Shigaraki.

He gave her a tired smile. "It's fine, my descendent has long since died and so have I, call him whatever you want. Just call me Yoichi, or first user if you prefer." He said.

Ochako nodded. "But Shigaraki had AFO?" Ochako asked All Might.

"Yes, much like OFA he transferred it to Shigaraki and Shigaraki inherited all its power and more, but there is more to it." All Might continued.

"Quirks have something known as vestiges. Whenever AFO stole a quirk, or whenever we passed OFA to a successor, a part of the previous user goes with it. Like a lingering spirit, and that is how we are all here now." All Might said, gesturing around to the other figures of flame.