I tore my family apart

Evie POV.

I fell asleep having the same nightmare my mother leaving me in the woods and walking away I try to chase after her but I keep falling I shout "MOMMY MOMMY DONT LEAVE ME PLEASE, ILL BE A BETTER DAUGHTER, shouting on top of my lungs but she disappears into thin air. I hear someone call my name I slowly open my eyes "Evie wake up your having an nightmare wake up" when I open my eyes it was my mother Claire what is she doing here didn't she go work. "Mom what are doing here didn't you go work" I said " I didn't have much paperwork today so I came early, you were having an nightmare weren't you". My mother asked if I want to talk about it but I said no it was only 12:30 I told her I want to sleep a little longer but my bed was all wet from my sweat because of the nightmare, so I got up fell asleep in living room sofa while my mom changes my bedsheets.

My mother comes downstairs and tells me to sleep in my bed but I say no I'm already falling asleep. She kissed my forehead and said "goodnight princess" I smile and fall asleep it's been a long time since she said goodnight princess. I wake up and see it's 1:30 and my mother is doing paperwork " mom I thought you didn't have that much paperwork to do it looks like a lot from here", " your awake I made lunch come eat and these paperwork just need your aunt Becky signature". Aunt Becky is mother best friend they played together a lot when they were younger also she is queen queen of this kingdom she's a scary queen but when we are alone she turns into a doting and spoiled aunt. " mom about what mother said is it true", I looked at her I could already tell it's true " yes it's true I know she wanted another child but I didn't think she would adopt Harper behind my back". Even my mother Claire didn't know about it. We sat there in silence we didn't know what to say we were both shocked. "Hey mom why does she hate me so much" I say looking down " I don't know when it all happened when Ella brought Harper home to play and then from 12 and onwards you started getting into more fights but i don't see how that could make her hate you".

"Then why do you hate me" when I said those words I look at my mother her pen drops and takes a big gulped before talking " i don't hate you it's just that when I was around your age I started getting into fights and my mother would discipline me her way so I thought that would work on you but I realised I was just hurting you instead". I understand where she's coming from at least she never hit me if she did it was light spanks that bare hurt but my mother Rosie whenever she did it hard my mother Claire would stop her. " You can go back to sleep if you want" I shake my head no "then do you wanna watch a movie with me" I haven't watched a movie in a long time with my family last time remember is when I fell asleep while sitting on my mother Rosie lap. I say yes we go to the sofa get drinks and snacks my mother chooses the movie she's and asks me get closer to her, I end up cuddling her like a little child this feeling feels so nice I don't want it to go away in the middle of the movie start to fall asleep I'm pretty sure mom always fell asleep.

Claire POV.

I fell asleep while watching a movie with Evie it sure has been a long time since she fell asleep in my arms, she looks just a baby moreover she looks like her mother sleeping. I messed up big time as a parent I started doing what my mother did to me I started neglecting Evie where times I showed affection. It was about when Evie was 7 that is when Ella brought Harper to come play at our house thing didn't go well I could see Evie getting more and more angry when Rosie showed more love to Harper then Evie, of course when I saw that I would shower Evie with love. One time while Harper was hugging Rosie, Evie pushed her to floor and said " she's my mommy not yours" Rosie got little angry at Evie because Harper started crying of course Evie starting crying aswell I ran to her picked her up and took her to her room saying mommy isn't angry she just cried until she fell asleep. I wake up from my dream and see someone is sleeping on my left shoulders it can't be Evie she's on my right then I see Ella what time is it when did she come back, it's alright 4 we slept for a long time   this feeling it's like when they where kids we fell asleep on the sofa waiting for there mother to come back from work, we did that everyday when they where kids but they fell asleep everytime.

I miss this feeling and I'm to blame for it.