C19 Year3 Part5

" So..." Hermione began as she and Iridessa walked to the Great Hall for dinner ," How are you feeling about the last task coming up ?".

" Nervous , I suppose ," the little caramel blonde replied ," Have you seen the maze that Hagrid's been growing on the Quidditch field ?."

Hermione laughed softly ." Yes and many a Quidditch player isn't very thrilled about it .Good Godric , you should hear Ronald go on and on about it being horrible ."

Iridessa giggled . " Poor Ron . He does love Quidditch , doesn't he?. I bet he'll play for the Chudley Cannons one day ."

" Or become_"

Hermione came to an abrupt halt , her eyes wide with shock .

" What's wron_" Iridessa inhaled sharply , her eyes on the Great Hall that looked like the pig from that Bart Simpson movie had walked all over it with muddy little piggy feet ....hooves ...trotters?, she would have to ask Edward what they call a pig's feet when he comes for the last task .
He is very smart .

" Oh my goodness !", she cannot help but exclaim , her beautiful topaz eye shining with horror ," Who _"

" What have you done !", Argus Filch , the caretaker screeched ,looking at the two girls murderous , his eyes narrowed into anger filled  slits .

" We didn't do anything !", Hermione defended , but she might as well have  kissed a Grindylow , because the man simply didn't listen .

" You will pay for this !", he shrieked , grabbing onto them tightly , pulling them to the dungeons where Professor Snape was marking essays .

" Professor ,we didn't do it !", Iridessa immediately called out as they were shoved towards his desk , not giving Filch the chance to tell him horrible lies ," We were_"

" Silence , Miss Cullen !", the Professor snapped , his eyes looking at Filch expectantly .

Iridessa sagged in defeat . If the old dungeon bat don't want to listen , they're already done for .

Filch rambled off his lies and Snape glared at the two girls .

" Detention ,Girls ", he said , " you shall clean up the mess you made and a hundred points will be taken from Gryffindor ....each ".

Hermione gasped  in horror ." But ,Sir , we_"

" Silence !", his voice slashed through her protest ," I am not sure why you , a Goody-Two-Shoes has decided to help our little troublemaker in her mischief . Now you both shall go and clean up the mess right now and I'll be keeping watch. Is that clear? ".

" Yes , Sir ," they said rather dejectedly .

The two of them walked to the Great Hall and were given large and heavy buckets to dunk their mops in.

They weren't allowed to do magic as they washed the floors and walls . Though they couldn't wash the ceiling  that looked like a full moon night sky this horrible evening.

It was hard work for two girls and Iridessa got respect for those airport and train station cleaners as well as house elves .

Professor Snape watched them while drinking tea and eating scones the elves brought him , seeing as dinner could not be served in the Hall.

The girls' stomachs ached with hunger while he feasted , but when they were finished , he beckoned them over to get some tea and scones for themselves .

He did this only for the Cullen girl , whom he had a soft spot for and Hermione didn't know this , thus it shocked her that he could be pleasant when he wanted to be .