Chapter 43

Maddy awoke the next morning with not only a pounding headache but her whole body hurt. She moaned but then it was too loud in her head so she moaned in pain again. If she hadn't stopped herself from moaning a third time she thought she might have been caught in a never ending cycle. She rubbed her wincing face back and forth across Jungkook's chest, trying to will the pain to go away.

Jungkook's hand rubbed soothingly across her back as he opened his eyes and saw her painful expression. He tipped her onto her back and grabbed the glass of water and headache pill he had laid out for her the night before. 

Jungkook tried to talk quietly so he didn't hurt her head more than it already was. "Here Maddy, take this, it will make you feel better." Maddy sat up enough to take the pill and drink the rest of the water that Jungkook insisted she finish. "Okay, sleep for another half hour then you will feel much better."

Apparently Jungkook was still speaking too loud because her fingers came up and pressed onto his lips. She shook her head which then made her moan again, which made her wince. Jungkook felt bad she was in pain. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her in for a cuddle under the warm blankets, pressing kisses onto her forehead. "Shhhh, I'm here Sweetness." He barely whispered. He hated it when she was hurt or in pain.

A half hour later, Maddy was feeling a little more human. She tried to sit up but she still had the sweetest frowny face on. With her eyebrows pulled together and a pouty lip, Jungkook thought she looked like a child that had been told 'no'. But he didn't say anything about it because she obviously wasn't feeling well enough to be teased. "Do you feel any better, Maddy?"

Maddy's eyes were barely open, "Maybe a little. I'm never drinking again in my entire life." She whispered. "I can't remember being run over by a truck last night. But I really feel like I was."

Jungkook chuckled, "You weren't run over by a truck, but you probably don't remember everything from last night. You drank a lot, very quickly."

He helped her up to standing and led her to the restroom, pointing out which toothbrush was hers. After she was done he pulled one of his big sweatshirts over her head and took her hand and led her to the kitchen where Tae was sitting at the table with the exact same frowny expression as Maddy. She automatically went to sit by Tae. Both of them hunched over a bit, frowning down at the table while Jin and Yoongi cooked breakfast. Jungkook started setting the table. Namjoon was reading a book.

Jimin came in then and gave a very loud, very chipper, "Good morning family! Good to see everyone this fine morning!"

Both Maddy and Tae groaned. Tae covered his ears. Maddy folded her arms on the table and dropped her forehead to them. She muffled, "Please don't talk so loud, Jimin."

Jimin sat down across from Maddy with a big smile, obviously delighted with his ability to annoy her. "Ah, Princess. How are you feeling this morning? As good as you felt last night? How much do you remember?"

Maddy lifted her head a bit and glared at Jimin. "That was way too many questions at one time and can you please talk a little quieter?"

Jimin threw his head back and laughed. When he spoke it wasn't any quieter, "How's your memory, what is the last thing you remember?"

"I think I remember everything. I remember the puppy guys buying me chocolate drinks, then dancing and coming back here, then throwing up. The only thing I can't remember is how I got this bruise on my neck." Jungkook choked a bit and Jimin gave a smirking laugh. "It isn't very sore but it sure is purple. I must have really banged it on something."

Jungkook gave Jimin a warning look to leave it alone. But Tae wanted to see it, so Maddy brushed back her hair to show him. Tae's mouth opened as he saw the giant hickey. His eyes went to both of his brothers. Jimin pointed to Jungkook and Tae's eyebrows went up, "Oh my."