You And Me Against The World! CH-76

Narrator: Ash and Serena have been training for 5 days straight. Every day, right after school they went home and started working on perfecting their moves and combinations for the first round of the school tournament against Calem and Miette.

"I think that's enough training for now." Ash said as he wiped the sweat of his forehead. It was 7pm now and Ash and Serena had been training the whole day.

"Delphox, use Fire Blast and Pancham, Dark Pulse!" Serena ordered as her pokemon did as commanded.

"Serena?" Ash said in confusion. Again no response. "SERENA!" Ash shouted again.

"Huh?" She turned to Ash with a confused look on her face that he pulled her out of her flow.

"I said we should stop for today but you didn't hear. Are you alright?" He asked with a look of concern on his face.

She lowered her head a bit as a worried look appeared on her face. "I don't know if I'm ready..." She muttered.

"What do you mean? We've been training all week." Ash said as he placed his hands on her shoulders while facing her.

"I know but--- I don't know if I'm ready." She retorted in a down manner.

Ash's frown turned into a smile as he embraced her. Serena placed her hands on his back and rested her head on his shoulder. "You shouldn't worry. You're much stronger than you think and we've trained loads and I'm sure we'll be able to win!" Ash spoke in a sweet but determined manner manner as he tucked some of her hair behind her ear before carressing it.

"How are you so sure?" Serena asked, slightly concerned that she wasn't good enough and kept Ash from winning the tournament.

"I just know so. No one can beat the bond we have. It's you and me against the world! Never give up until it's over!" Ash said as he clenched his fist infront if his chest. "And besides, I need that beautiful smile of yours." He winked.

A blush appeared on Serena's face as well as a tiny but determined smile. "Right! Thanks Ash." Serena said as she pecked Ash on his cheek.

"Now let's get home for dinner! My mom made pasta for us!" Ash said with excitement. Both Pikachu and Lucario perked up at hearing the sound of food as their eyes widened with sparkles in it.

Before Serena could give an answer, Ash lifted her up by her legs. "Aaash!!" Serena yelped turned red in an instant. "Put me down!"

"Maybe when you become Kalos Queen!" Ash laughed as he started carrying Serena to his house.

A few moments later, Ash, Serena, Delia, Pikachu and Lucario sat at the dining table. Gary was on a date with Shauna so he wasn't present. "This is delicious mom!" Ash exclaimed as he was stuffing his mouth full.

Serena giggled slightly while covering her mouth with her hand. She was used to it that Ash always gulped his food down in one go and asked for seconds mere moments later. "It is actually really good Delia." Serena praised in a polite manner.

"Thanks you two. Altough I wish you could slow down a bit. Your food isn't going anywhere." Delia said as she looked at Ash with the last part.

"I know mom but I just can't help it." Ash said as he put his bowl back on the table and slowed down a little. Delia sighed before a small smile appeared on her face. She loved how much energy her son had.

Later as they finished, They put their plates in the dishwasher as Delia was finishing up the last pieces. "Can I give you a hand?" Serena asked.

Delia swung here head sideways. "No need dear, you should go with Ash and have fun!"