3

valerie

i walked straight forwards until i saw the small corner shop. i smiled knowing that it wasn't even a few minutes away, it was only like 40 seconds.

i walked in a saw a bald man with a ginger beard on the opposite side of the counter. he looked up and smiled as i walked in. 'afternoon,' he said nodding his head. 'hi,' i said quietly and walked to a random section of the store so it looks like i know what im doing. 'do you live here?' i heard randomly from behind me. i turned around to see the ginger talking to me. 'yeah i literally just moved here a few minutes ago,' i said lifting my feet with my heels and then back down in the same way. he nodded. 'what's your name kid?' he said looking at me. 'valerie, and yours?' i say smiling. 'ah cool cool, im fezco.' he said nodding slowly.

he spoke slowly but i didn't mind, it was rather soothing to me.

i grabbed a hot cheetos bag and walked over to the freezers. i walked past a open freezer leading into a room. i didn't really see much in the back so i ignored it. i ended up on deciding on a red gatorade but i couldn't find it. i turned around to fezco and asked if he had any red gatorades. 'uh, im not sure kid, check in the back,' he said looking towards the open freezer door. i walked towards it and peaked my head through.

there was a young boy sitting there. he looked about 16 or 17 but he had face tattoos, i couldn't really make out what they were though.

he was really attractive and i would've been lying if i didn't say he was. i walked fully in whilst knocking on the window of the freezer. he looked up with a stern face, like i just interrupted him doing a drug deal or something.

'fez asked me to check the back for any red gatorades.' i said unaware that i literally gave fezco a nickname like i've known him for ages. it felt like that although i only talked to him like twice and i only just met him. the boy looked mad as he stood up and went further a back into the room. he came back holding a red gatorade and handed it to me quite roughly. what a bitch, but i only smiled and said thank you. i turned back to fez and placed my items on the counter.

as soon and i pulled out the 20 dollar bill fez shook his head. 'it's on the house, since it's yo first time kid,' he said looking down at me. i shook my head and insisted on the 20 dollars which made him laugh and push it back into my hands. i grabbed my things and thanked him continuously. i walked towards the door and shouted 'thank you and bye,' which made him shout back 'be safe kid,'

what a nice guy.

i walked back to damiens apartment holding my snacks. i arrived and opened the door to reveal no one home and a small note on the coffee table infront of the couch. i grabbed it whilst placing my things down and read it.

i went out, do whatever you want. i'll be back.

i signed and slumped back into the couch. i opened my bag of hot cheetos and started to eat them but then felt a vibration through my trousers. i wiped my fingers on the fabric of the couch and picked my phone out from my pocket.

jay🤯
ania said you moved to cali???
whyd you leave without telling us?
valerie cmon that's low.
read 6:07pm

i sighed. jay always took anias side so i wasn't surprised him texting me about the whole moving thing. i decided to just leave him on read because i wasnt bothered on starting a argument over text especially since i'll probably never see them again.

--

three hours have passed since andrew and damien left and i was so bored. i had no friends and i had nothing to do either. it was the middle of summer so i didn't even get to make friends anytime soon since there's no school. i look at the clock on the wall above the tv. it wasn't moving. i wonder how long it's been there like that.

the apartment itself seemed old but it was cozy so i didn't really mind. i found much more nicer than those 'perfect' white houses made out of just concrete and glass.

since i was in the car the whole day and only went out to the store for like ten minutes, i really wanted some fresh air. only problem was that i had no where to go and i didn't even know how to get anywhere. i sighed knowing that's if i stay in the house it'll be worse than getting lost in a random town. kinda.

i liked being home alone but something felt off and i was extremely bored.

i stood up from the couch and grabbed my phone which was next to me and headed towards the door.

i left the apartment and walked down the stairs heading down to the road. i looked both ways trying to decide which way i should go. i chose left since that's the way the store was but i didn't want to go in and annoy fezco because i already went in only a couple hours ago.

--

i've been walking for the past hour just listening to music and i didn't mind it but it was getting dark and i had to be heading back now even if my brother wasn't home. i didn't want to be lost in the dark.

i jinxed it. i was lost. in the dark. how dumb can i be. i stopped in the tracks and turned around. i took one earphone out of my ear and let it swing by my side whilst i left the other one in. i wanted to be cautious of my surroundings.

i kept walking for what seemed like 20 minutes, i was genuinely lost. i pulled out my phone to text andrew although i knew that he wouldn't message me back within an hour. he never responded to messages which right now, sucked.

au
this chapter low-key sucked but atleast val and fezco met. not really with ash tho but they will soon🙏🙏

1089 words