Don't leave!

Requested by: sohanie2006
This chapter includes;
•Swearing(?)
•Angst (light)
If you don't like those, please don't read.
(I combined both suggestions given as I can write both)

___________________________

A mother is holder her child's hand, walking them to the daycare. "Y/N, I promise it will be fine." She reassures but the young child clutching her hand still shakes and trembles with each step. They shake their head, "can't I stay with you?" They give their mother pleading eyes, but all that's returned is a sympathetic smile. "No, you can't. It won't be that bad, I promise."

The child knew it was no use and stayed close to the mother, almost hiding behind her. The waiting area looked fresh out of some horror made for children, with one big slide in front of the main playground. It had some words on a board just above it saying: slide into fun!

Your mother let go of your hand, gently pushing you to the slide. "Go on, I'll be back when it closes." Despite your paramounting anxiety that was going to make your throw up and then cry, you got onto the slide and pushed off, leaving your mother behind at the top. Even from the top you could hear the chatter of children, many children.

When you exited the slide, you landed in the ballpit. The sound only got louder, like a thunderstorm drawing closer. Some clamoured for some cool looking robot's attention while others messed around with other children, climbing and hiding on and under things. Some other few coloured, or had a sock puppet show. Clambering out of the ball pit, you began to shake again, feeling very much like you didn't fit in. You really missed your mother, you didn't want to be here, you wanted to be in her arms as she held you tight. . .

Then, the robot skipped up to you, the  flock of children dissipating. "Heya new friend!" He had a very loud voice, making you jolt. His head tilted and he seemed to be scanning you. He nodded to himself, "follow me, I have just the thing!" Despite still being energetic, he was a bit less loud. He took your hand and led you over to a more quiet, remote area where only a few kids were, some napping while others read or coloured. It was a little dip in the floor filled with cushions and plushies and blankets, all to make children feel comfortable.

"You have fun here, I'll be back soon, m'kay?" He said, giving you a soft pat on the head which you leaned up into. Then, he skipped off, leaving you to do whatever. You look around at all the kids there; just three awake (you being the third) and two asleep. The second child seemed to be sleeping on some paper where he'd begun to write something, like a story.

A girl with long, blonde hair and the first child to sleep, woke up and dashed off, presumably to go play with the other children. The other two awake, both boys, glanced at each other then back at you before running off. That only left you with the sleeping brunette. But, as you turn to look to see if he's woken up, he's gone too, along with his story. In his place is a post it note that says lol.

You being your knees up and wrap your arms around them, it was nice here and eased up your anxiety, but only a little. What if the animatronic forgot you were here, or your mum forgot she put you here? Just then, the jangling of bells jolted you from your trance. "Heya new friend! What's your name?" He asked, sitting next to you. You didn't really feel like talking, but didn't want to come off as rude, so you pulled your knees away from your face and quietly muttered "Y/N."

He seemed delighted that you'd answered, and then you realised you didn't know his name. "Who are Y-you?" You ask, quietly but loud enough to be heard with a slight stammer. "I'm Sundrop, but you can call me Sun!" He answered. You really wanted a hug, and so opened your arms and made grabby hands at him. "P-please?" You ask, and he scoops you up, cuddling you close.

You inhale the smell of citrus and lemon, mixed together with something else. Not to mention, he himself was as warm as a sun's ray. It was nice, he even laying a protective hand on your back as he muttered things you'd wanted to hear, like he was reading your mind. "It's okay, I won't abandon you, everything will be okay, you're safe here." He'd murmur, and it calmed you. Your eyes began to droop as you slumped against him, breathing evening out as you fell into a deep sleep.

_____________________

When you woke up, you noted the darkness of the daycare. Where was Sun, had you been forgotten? Sun said he wouldn't abandon you, had he lied? Had your mother lied? Where were they?? You jumped up, tears threatening to fall, as you scramble to show you're still here. That's when you see the many children sleeping, and the barely lit lights of some stars.

Nap time, of course. You weren't feeling sleepy, though. You shrug, looking around. Then, you spot an animatronic prancing around in a manner you knew Sun doesn't. Then, it turned, and it's red eyes were on you. Nothing happened for a moment, but then it started to come toward you. You panicked slightly, terrified of what was fast approaching, and headed back the way you came, clambering back into the pit of plushies and staying there, eyes shut tightly.

You heard the mechanical whirr as it drew closer, the clicks of the joints as it prnaced nearer. You could almost see the red pinpricks of light through your eyelids, not wanting to risk opening them. "You are not asleep, not asleep, no no no. . ." You gave a squeek of fear but it changed to that of confusion when he began to gently run his fingers through your hair. "Tell me, what is troubling you my star, what is troubling you?" You figured it was safe to open your eyes and did so, sitting up. "I'm not tired. . ." You mutter, before saying "I'm sorry." He tutted, taking his hand out of your hair and pulling you closer to him. "Who are you?" You asked, voice quivering slightly. "I am moon, my moonshine, moon."

He smelled like white chocolate with a mix of something nice, like ice cream. His voice was scratchy, and low, but he was kind. "I'm-" you go to say, but he cuts you off gently. "I know you, Y/N, yes I know you. Sun speaks highly of you, yes so high of you." You blink in astonishment, "he does?" Moon nods, "I can see why, yes I see why." He begins to stroke your hair again, singing a sweet tune. You yawn, leaning against him like you did with Sun and letting your eye shut, sleep taking you.

__________________________

When you wake up, Sun is hovering over you. "Sorry to wake you, sunshine, but your mother's here." He says, softly, and you push yourself up, rubbing your eyes as you yawn.

He gently takes your hand, leading you through the now almost emptied daycare to two big Oak doors that are wide open, seeing your mother standing there and smiling. She thanks Sun and you wave goodbye to him. She takes your hand, "how was it?" She asked, and you smile sleepily up at her. "Can I go there again?" She seemed pleasantly surprised by this and nods, "of course!" As you exit, you tap her arm. She looks down at you, a smile on her face. "Can I get some plushies?" You ask, pointing to the gift shop. "Only two." She allows, and you breaks free from her grip, dashing to the gift shop. She follows suit and, once inside, you find the two you wanted.

You snatch them from the shelf, showing them to your mother. "Can I have these two, pleaseeee?" You give her your best puppies eyes and she crumbles, giving you a smile. "How much are they?" You shrug, "doesn't say." She goes up to a cashier, asking about them. You can't hear the conversation, but your mum looks shocked before gesturing for you to come up and put them on the counter. She pulls £4 out of her purse, handing it to the man before giving you the plushies. She thanks the man and leaves, you trailing along behind her.

On the drive home, your older sister speaks to you, having seen the plushies. "Why those two?" She asks. You look down at the Sun and Moon plushies in your hands before looking back up at her, "I just like them." She nods, turning away but not before saying "they're a bit creepy, though."

You ignore her and cuddle them to your chest, already wishing to be back in the daycare with your two favourite animatronics.

_________________

I am on a roll with these today!
I hope this was good, personally I think I rushed it at the end.
Bye for now!

-Author