𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘~𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

Chapter 35

Chapter 35

If It Isn't You ~ Nurko, Brayden Kehler

"That was a great workout, Aiden. I feel so rejuvenated," I exhaled happily as I took a large gulp of my refreshing clear water.

"It was. I love how you join my workout every morning these days, it's very healthy for you." He smirked before taking a bite from his apple.

"It is, I've shed a lot of excess weight over the past month." I smiled widely as I secretly stroked my tiny, close to inexistent belly. I had kept my pregnancy a secret for almost a month now, but it hadn't been that easy.

I went for regular check-ups at the doctor's and he told me that the baby was developing well and it was very healthy. I used Yves' trusted doctor, Mr. McCain and he kept my pregnancy confidential as well.

Mr. McCain gave me some healthy but safe workouts to do just to keep myself in shape and improve my health for the baby as well. He also recommended diets, yoga stretches and we could safely say that he had basically played an important role in helping me create a suitable routine for myself.

Yves was always out on business, he was only available for two days maximum until he had to take a jet to a country on the other side of the world. I was meant to start traveling with him but we had made a deal, like before, that Aiden and I would stay behind and manage in the headquarters.

We barely had sex anymore, he would be tired every time he got back, and his next free day would consist of him taking time to visit his companies or the architectural sites in progress.

He barely had time for me anymore, which is why he hadn't figured anything different about me. He had noticed the change in moods and constantly told me that he could sense that something was up with me, but I denied it as usual.

It made me sad and depressed sometimes when I thought about the times we'd spend together, and how everything had changed and how we had drifted. Sometimes I got overly emotional to a point of crying.

Aiden and the others also didn't know that I was pregnant. No one did, except the doctors. It was fine that way, I was still planning for the perfect day to break the news.

Regardless of that, my belly was slowly growing big. I was starting to wear looser clothes everyday, I wore long coats to work, loose blouses and dresses and I was always in Yves' hoodies at home.

That way, no one ever suspected. It was so hard to keep it a secret, and I knew that I eventually would have to tell them.

"You have, and you're glowing so much. What's happening?" He leaned on the counter.

"What do you mean by that?" I tilted my head.

"I mean, you look different, there's something about you. You're so gentle and calm nowadays, you don't insult me anymore. You look so happy, even your skin is so clear." He pointed out as I grinned.