CHAPTER 96. Lengthy Apology

Mature content, and speaking of that, sometimes I look at the profiles of my readers, and one of them was proudly proclaiming how young they were.

*sighs*

You do you boo, at least the book they read isn't as sexual as this one. (It was Suddenly A Kitten)

"Love is useless, what does it bring anyone? Is it not what causes the most pain?"

My head rolled to the side fitfully, in and out of consciousness, hot and feverish.

Without love... there would be no humanity in this world...

"Then be rid of it, humans, supernatural, what is the point in their existence?"

Because, the world is happy to suffer with the knowing of better times in the future,

"The world is a cycle of war and death, a pattern that never ceases, I can end the pattern and ease the suffering creatures don't understand."

If all of the earth wanted to die to end the blood death, the normal pains of sickness and disease, let them do it themselves,

"You do not know what is good for the world, all of it is built on selfish desire,"

No... You do not know what it means to live,

"Wake, child,"

My eyes slowly opened, feeling as though someone glued them shut. I paused, seeing Fallon laying in bed beside me. I reached over, touching his hair before I sat up, straining.

I leaned my head back and closed my eyes, touching my own forehead. I had a fever for sure. I shook my head to clear it a little, feeling a slow aching pounding.

I opened my eyes once more and paused. Cross was still in my room, and he was looking out the window, arms crossed. "I'm sorry Raven," he looked over his shoulder and met my eyes. "I... know you're right,"

I wiped my eyes and pinched myself. "Am I dreaming...?"

"Very funny," Cross hissed, glancing at Fallon, being sure not to wake the vampire.

I took a breath and stretched my limbs a little from where I sat, the ring around my neck sifting with my movements. "So, I'm right," I yawned and reached up to cover my mouth. "But what are you going to do about it?"

Cross walked over and I stared at him as he sat on the bed, gazing at me. I was slightly startled by the dark red blooming on his cheeks.

"I don't know... I..." He touched the back of his neck and met my eyes, seeming pained. "You're a safe place, aren't you?"

I faltered, rather startled by those words, not expecting any of this from him. "Yes, what is it Cross?" I grabbed his hand and smiled the best I could.

Cross opened his mouth before he winced. "You're in pain, is there-"

"Cross," I interrupted gently. "Tell me," I squeezed his hand and he licked his lips hesitantly, seeming mortified.

"I need help," he said finally, meeting my eyes. I searched his face and then grabbed it, squishing it in my hands.

"Silly Cross, what are you all embarrassed about? It takes more courage and strength to admit you need help, than it takes to fight your battles on your own." I pinched his cheeks and Cross scowled at me.

"Raven, your pushing it," he warned and I snatched my hands away.

I placed my hands in my lap. "Okay, well," I tilted my head to the side. "How do you want to go about this?"