Chapter 100 - The Master Poison

Century Hit everyone, finally VE completed its 100 chapters.

When the troop reached the entrance gate of Samrat Palace, there were many people standing to welcome the emperor. But Manik was careless about them. He didn't even looked at those ministers yet just get down from the horse then ran inside leaving the people who came for him startled. Suhan followed Manik's lead and disappeared inside the palace.

The Rose Palace which always stayed peaceful and calm now on the verge of chaos. The smell of medicine filled the room with light smoke. Chityakanta was sitting on the testing couch and looking at the head physician who was applying medicine on the wounds. It was already dawn, and the whole night passed but Nandini didn't even move a little. She was still lying in the same position with eyes closed. Ageratina and Atropa have changed her clothes already.

"Mother" Manik's voice rang inside the room as he came running inside.

"Manik" Chityakanta stood up immediately and hugged him while sobbing. Everyone present there turned to look at the Emperor.

"Mother, how did this happen?" Manik asked after breaking the hug.

"Brother" Vaibhav stepped forward looking guilty "it was a sudden attack in the palace. All of them are hidden guards who was ordered to take action once the war is start. Their main target was the little prince but Sister in law came in between and took the poisonous arrow herself" Vaibhav's tone filled with regret "I am sorry brother I couldn't stop this from happening" he looked down. He couldn't even meet his brothers eyes. The shame he was filling was something he can't describe in words.

Suddenly he felt a hand placed on his shoulder. He looked up to find Manik shook his head "it's not your fault. The palace does not had much manpower to defend their attack"

"Brother" Vaibhav's lips trembled.

Manik patted his shoulder before walking towards the unconscious person who was lying on the bed unknown to the happenings inside the palace. Manik's legs felt heavy as he slowly strode towards her. Her once glowing skin has now turned pale like a lifeless body. He sat on the bed and held her hand.

"You always do without thinking right and don't think about the consequences" he whispered as his tone came out choking. He raised her hand and kissed it "how can I survive without you?" Then the tears fell.

Others who were watching silently cried seeing the scene before them. Chityakanta wiped her tears and turned around not wanting to see it. Suddenly the crying of infant's echoed in the room which broke the silence and gloomy atmosphere. Chityakanta walked towards Suhal and smiled.

"Maya is in the other room with your child. Go and take a look"

Suhal's expression changed and a smile formed on his face before nodding his head and walking towards the side room.

"Your majesty, the wound caused by the poison arrow is too deep. Her majesty doesn't have much time left. One days has already passed and if the poison stays in her then it will affect both the mother and child" the head physician walked forward informing.

Manik's body stilled after listening and his eyes fell on Nandini's flat belly. He put his hand and gently touched it "no, i won't let it happen" he mumbled as he looked at Nandini's face and leaned down "you know you can't leave me here alone right. No matter what, I won't allow you to leave. You have to stay with me till we get old. If we die then we will do it together" he placed a soft kiss on her forehead before getting up.

"Is there any solution?"

"Your majesty, this kind of poison is deadly but spreads slowly. That's why her majesty has some time for herself. But with my skills it's not possible to cure her. Only someone who has knowledge in poison or has some miraculous skills in medicine can cure her. Your majesty please forgive me" the head physician said lowering his head.