chapter 7

Addy's POV.

     On getting home, I quickly brought out all what I got from the car and made my way into the house, I quickly dropped off the things on the counter in the kitchen, while I decided to go get Bethany and myself changed, once done with doing that, I went down to the living room and put on cartoon for Bethany to keep her busy and then I gave her some snacks to munch on while I go prepare dinner, seeing as she was fully seated and her attention was solely on the Tv i made my way to the kitchen.

   I settled on just making pasta seeing as I wasn't in the mood to make anything extravagant and besides it's an easy meal to prepare, I put all the things I got in their rightful places, while I started making dinner as the pasta was boiling, I was slicing all the ingredients needed for the sauce, once I was done I served the food into two different plates and carried them to the kitchen table as there was no need to go to the dining room since its only the both of us.

   I went to the living room to go get her but she was so engrossed in what was showing on the Tv and I saw it was Spongebob that was showing, I breathed a sigh knowing it would be hard to get her to stop watching as it was her favorite cartoon.

   "Beth baby come eat your dinner", I said sweetly to her while ruffling her hair.

   "But mommy it's remaining just few minutes", she said in her cute little baby voice pouting.

I laughed and then switched off the Tv while carrying her in my arms and made our way to the kitchen, after frowning for a while she finally let it go, she always has been an easy going child and doesn't hold grudges for too long.

  After we were done eating, I made my way to her room which is just beside mine and it has a linking door to mine, knowing me I wouldn't be able to sleep peacefully if her room was too far away from mine. I took her to the bathroom to bathe and brush her teeth, once I was done I carried her into the room and dressed her in her Minnie Mouse pajamas and then I braided her hair in two parts, I carried her to her bed and laid beside her while I told her a story so she would fall asleep faster.

   Once I realized she had fallen asleep, I went to my bedroom to get ready for the night, I took off my clothes and went to the bathroom while I prepared my bath tub, I entered and decided to stay in it for a while, I was finally able to dwell on what happened today, seeing Lizzie has brought back so many memories I had pushed to the back of my mind, I wonder what she's doing in New York but I'm sure it has to do with Ethan, I just hope she doesn't tell him about what happened today but who am I kidding, they've always been so close so I'm sure she wouldn't waste time in telling him she saw me since it has been a long time we last saw each other, all I can do is hope and pray she doesn't tell him about seeing Beth, one doesn't need to be told that she's my child as she was my carbon copy except for her hair and eyes color.

    After been in the bath tub for sometime I finally rinsed my body and went to the room, I wore a short and my brother's shirt which I had taken from him when I slept at his house. Once done with dressing, I took my phone from the nightstand beside my bed to check what was happening on social media, I saw a notification that someone has requested to follow me and I accepted not checking who it was. I saw a message from Ivy, it seems she remembered to text me today as she's always busy with work due to her over bearing boss so she always has little to no time.

   I decided to give her a call, on the third ring she picked the call.

   "Hey girl" she said sounding tired, I couldnt help but laugh at how she sounded

   "Oh hi, how are you?", I asked her.

   "I'm fine and you?", she answered sounding more lively. "This one you called, tell me what's going on because you hardly call" she said not giving me time to answer her.

    And then I told her of all that has been happening lately from seeing Ethan at the office to him asking me out for lunch to his sister seeing me. With how shocked she sounded once hearing me I can picture her expression in my head, she always has been a dramatic person. After recovering from shock she vowed to give Ethan a piece of her mind and if possible a few slaps once she sees him, I couldn't help but laugh at how she defended me, but I had to remind her that it won't be possible since he's one of the richest man in US but of course she said she couldn't care less and I just let her be, and after which we catched up on what have been going on in our lives and she told me she had a new boyfriend which made very happy for her that she finally gave love a chance and I made her promise to introduce him to me soon, but before she hung up she still brought up Ethan's matter  and told me that when next he comes close to me I shouldn't hesitate to give him a slap, which also made me laugh.

    Checking the time I saw that it was already ten pm and so I decided to just check my email to see if there was any work I can do for at least an hour as I wasn't feeling sleepy yet which is surprising as i'm an early sleeper, I answered a few important emails that needed to be tended to immediately and I decided to type the few pages of work I had with me, and made a mental note to give to my assistant tomorrow to check for any typo error, once I was done with everything I saw that almost two hours had gone by, I decided it was time for me to finally go to bed.

––––––

Here's another chapter guys, I hope you all would enjoy though its a little bit short I'll try to make up for it my next update

Anyways don't forget to hit the star button and comment.

Love: Favour xx.