6

ashtray

i heard the door of the store open. it was that val girl again. she only just moved here and thinks her and fez are friends.

--

'nah ion mind kid, you cool,' i heard fezco say. my head shot up as i saw val standing in front of him awkwardly.

after they exchanged a few words, val walked up to the counter and jumped up to sit on it which kinda pissed me off since fezco never allowed people to sit on the counter other than me and himself. no way he liked her that much just after a day?

'how old are you?' she said randomly turning to fezco. '21, you?' 'im 16,' she said while swinging her legs off the edge of the counter.

'ash is 17, you guys should hang out,' fezco said. fuck. i didnt want to hang out with her. i didn't even know her. thanks fezco. 'he's in the back of you wanna talk to him,'

'i doubt he'll mind, he rarely has company,' fezco continues which pissed me off because he knew i would mind. i liked my privacy and shit, not being bombarded with dumb ass questions.

i quickly looked down at my phone just incase she came and saw me staring, i didnt want her thinking i was obsessed with her. because i wasnt.

'what do you want.' i scoffed whilst she come down from the counter and knocked on the window of the freezer. could she not see i was busy?

'no, i just... never mind,' she said before  turning around and walking out my freezer. gladly she took the hint.

'you good kid?' i heard fezco ask as val walked back towards him. 'i just don't think he wants to talk to me.' she said looking down at her shoes. fez kissed his teeth, 'i doubt that, he just doesn't know what to talk about.' no fuck off fez, i just dont want to talk to her.

i watched her talk to fez before she looked up at me and saw me looking at her. fuck man, really? literally the worst time to look back. i looked immediately back at my phone on my lap for it to look like i wasn't looking at her. i couldn't lie she was very pretty but she just seemed too innocent for anything to happen? i liked that she wasn't all up fezcos face or begging him for drugs like every other girl but she seem like the type to stop talking to someone once she found out they did something wrong. and in wrong i mean something illegal. like drugs. i mean i could be wrong though?

'yeah but i don't know what to say either, im not the best with words,' she said looking back at fezco and pulling an awkward face which made fezco laugh.

i saw her walking towards the freezer again. 'sorry about that,' she said looking down at my shoes, 'it's calm,' i said not as annoyed as last time but still looking down at my phone. she stood there for a while until i looked up at her and nodded my head towards the chair in front of me. she smiled and sat down.

'sooo, how are you?' she said trying to start a conversation. i shrugged hoping she would take the hint again and leave. i replied a simple 'fine'

she nodded back and began to answer her own question. she was trying so hard it was honestly funny. 'im doing fine too, i just moved here so you know...' she said playing with her fingers. i just nodded again.

take. the. fucking. hint.

we sat there for a good 5 minutes in silence before i turned off my phone and looked up at her. i felt kind of bad but i couldn't let her know that, i doubt she wanted anything bad from me so i guess it wouldn't hurt if i talked back. she turned to look back at me which made me look back down at my phone.

'where did you come from?' i said while putting in my password for my phone. 'georgia' she replied playing with the pockets of her cargos. i nodded in response.

'i like your shoes,' she said trying to get me to talk to her. i looked down at my own shoes, 'thanks, yours too.' i said which made her kinda smile. she had a nice smile.

'thanks,' she replied with before fixing the lace of her shoe.

'is your name ash?' she said randomly. 'ashtray.' i corrected her. she smiled again, 'ashtray? that's a nice name,' she said. only like two people in my life said i had a nice name but she was the first one to look like they genuinely meant it.

i looked up at her and tilted my head to one side, a little confused from her comment. 'eh,' i said shrugging my shoulders and looked back down to my phone. 'why'd you move here,' i said carrying on the conversation because i didn't mind talking to her now. 'not sure if im honest, my brother just wanted to,' she said.

i looked at her, 'no parents?' i asked out of pure curiosity. 'yep,' she said awkwardly. fuck i made it more awkward. 'my bad,' i said closing my phone again and looking at her. 'nah it's calm,' she said mimicking what i said when she walked in. 'i live with just my brother too,' i said trying to make her feel a bit better. 'who fezco?' she asked looking away from me 'nah, the dog down the street,' i said scoffing trying to lighten the mood. which worked because she laughed.

i saw her take out her phone from her pocket. i small part in me hoped she would ask for my number but she didn't. she looked panicked?

'you ok?' i asked looking down at her. 'uh um yeah im fine, i have to go sorry,' she said quite quickly. i cant lie i was a bit upset that she had to leave. i haven't had a proper conversation with anyone in ages other than fezco and no offence to him but i needed new people.

'well bye ash, it was nice talking to you,' she said standing up and walking out the freezer room, 'yeah you too,' i managed to say quietly as she walked out. i doubt she heard.

i heard her say her goodbyes to fezco and walked out.

au
ashtrays pov😱😱
if im being honest i just copy and pasted the last chapter and changed the pov. i added a few comments from ash himself so it wasn't 100% copied, i suck at doing it ashtrays pov because idk how he would think tbh.

1133 words