[ 6 ] Thank You

CHAPTER SIX
• thank you •

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

THOMAS AND EVONY stumbled their way over to the med hut, saying their goodbyes to Chuck before they entered through the door. Waiting on the other side was a group of indecisive gladers. Each who was trying to decide what punishment would be most suitable given the past events.

He opened the door for her, remaining alert for any uneasiness even though she had told him she felt fine. Evony pushed past him and walked firmly into the room. The first thing she gathered was the amount of keepers that occupied the space. Usually during these types of meetings only about half would show-it seemed that Alby had made it mandatory for everyone to come. She caught the eye of Newt first, then Minho, and finally it settled on Gally in the corner. He leaned up against a wall staring Intently at the two who had just walked in.

"Glad you could join us." He snarked. The comment was obviously made for Thomas but she was fighting the urge to answer back herself. The greenie didn't say anything; which made her satisfied. She had told him on the way there that to limit the level of punishment he would need to stay quite as much as he can. First impressions seemed to be a big thing in the glade, and considering his was 'the-kid-who-broke-the-rules', she knew that a single comment could make the damage that much worse.

Evony led Thomas into the room, where they then separated so that she could go and stand with Alby and Newt. He on the other hand sat himself down in the chair in the middle of the area. The one Gally had pointed for him to go to.

She tore her gaze away from the brunete to instead stare at the floor. Newt must have noticed this because he tapped her on the shoulder and asked if she was okay. Evony had responded yes, but honestly she was more nervous than she intended to be.

Thomas broke the rules. The main rule. The most important rule, and he broke it in his first week of being there.

"Are you sure you shouldn't be resting?" The blonde whispered. She responded back with a shake of the head. There was no way she was leaving this poor boy alone to get demolished by her fellow gladers.

Alby clapped his hands twice, signaling that the meeting had begun. Everybody in the room looked over to him, and since that also happened to be the spot she was standing, she made eye contact with a couple of the people in the process. Thomas was one of them-his eyes full of so much fear and confusion that it hurt her. But there was also something else. Somewhere deep down she could see the glimmer of hope that was being tucked away. She could see the confidence radiating off of his body.

In a strange way it made her proud. Proud that he was able to remain confident in his actions even though he knew that half the glade thought he attempted murder.

"Let's begin this gathering by voicing our opinions on the topic." Alby motioned over to a spot in the room, "Fry, you start first."

Frypan rose from his seat, his hands clasped around his back as he rocked back and forth off his feet. His lips pressed together as he thought of his answer. "I think...I think what Thomas did was good. I mean he saved her, right?"

"You think?" Gally spoke up again, his tone harsh. Evony glared over to him with a look of disbelief. She had never seen him get so worked up about something.

Alby held out his hand, "It's not your turn. Wait for him to be done."

She was relieved at his words, and she could tell Thomas was as well. He let out an audible sigh as the question got sent back to the chef instead of the builder.