60: Take Up Arms

"I don't know how you two can be so tired. I'm about to jump out of my feathers." Keigo said. His tone was jovial but the nerves were real.

Tao shrugged sleepily. "We were trained to be able to sleep anywhere, anytime so we didn't tire ourselves out and become useless. That's probably why San's already asleep.".

"Everything's fucked up when it comes to those people, isn't it?" The pro hero asked rhetorically. Tao laughed a bit and stared out onto the cityscape.

The pair were standing on the balcony, taking in the peaceful view before they woke up to be in Jaku City at 8 am tomorrow.

Somehow Keigo had managed to get Tao a full hero license in the two months leading up to the battle. Sanyu had done his part too and bribed some support course students with an up close examination of his leg to produce more chargeable bullets for the gun in his leg. Although currently it wasn't in his leg at all, it was packed inside a backpack Tao had brought from their world. Sanyu had a matching backpack. Both bags had the roman numeral for 6 discreetly placed on the left strap.

"I wish we weren't going to be separated." Keigo said, his faint smile disappearing completely.

"You're a double agent, they need you at the villa. It wouldn't make sense if you weren't part of the raid team. And they want me on the evacuation team for my 'quirk'," He added air quotes around the word, "And because I was great at it back when that high end Nomu attacked.".

"I'm not worried about us." The hero explained. Tao smiled softly. "Sanyu's the only hero student on the hospital raid team. He'll basically be alone out there.".

"That's the first time anyone's ever described fighting alongside Endeavor, Mirko, several of his teachers and Ryukyu as 'alone'." He said with a laugh. Keigo sighed.

"Okay, I get it. I'm just worried that neither of us will be there to protect him.".

"His powers are incredibly, almost unfairly, effective at killing Nomu. They need him.". Keigo sighed and nodded. Tao wrapped his arm around the winged hero. "We'll do something fun after this. We can go out to dinner or something." He promised.

Keigo raised an eyebrow. "Does shawarma sound good to you?" He joked. Tao flicked him playfully.

"You're as bad as Sanyu now. Quoting those movies all over the place." The man said with a fond smile.

"Well if this isn't an Avengers level threat, I don't know what is." Keigo responded. Tao had to agree.

"You've got your first code purple on your hands." He said with a nod. "Lucky for you it's our 9th and we haven't lost yet.".

---------- ----------- --------- -------- --------- --------- --------- --------

As the heroes stood around, waiting for the okay from Tsukauchi's task force, Sanyu played with his hair. He and Mirio wouldn't be fighting together, Mirio was with most of the U.A students in the evacuation team. But they had managed to meet up before the battle and Mirio had insisted Sanyu get his hair out of his face for the fight.

He'd braided it, leaving just Sanyu's bangs still in his eyes. The teen ran his gloved hand over the coil, trying not to mess it up.

"We have to go now." Tsukauchi announced. The group tensed up and readied themselves to enter the building.

The police task force were already inside, placing themselves at several exits.

Endeavor eyed the heroes and zeroed in on a few. "Crust, Mirko, Supernova, you lead the charge to the underground lab. We want brute strength at the front. The rest of us will surround the area and focus on capturing the doctor and his minions.".