chapter 35

R E D

Antonio

Antonio.

Antonio.

Antonio.

The only person who could make me feel so good yet so hesitant and unsure.

I don't think what had happened in his office last night had quite settled in until now.

This is only supposed to be a fake marriage, right?

Wrong.

I've always felt something for Antonio, ever since the beginning. I never thought about it like that before.

Yes, he can be arrogant, cruel, vindictive, and a complete asshole but he's also the person who saved me from Sylvester. With me he's... different.

I've seen a side of him that at first glance one wouldn't expect.

He's compassionate with me...

He makes my heartbeat at a hundred miles an hour but it seems as though he's also the only one who can slow it down. He's the most intimating and scary person I've ever come across yet I feel comfortable with him. Safe.

Like he'd hurt anyone and anything in his path... that overall scares me.

"Miss Nirah. We're here," Cesar snaps me out of my thoughts.

We unbuckle our seat belts and head into the mall. After an hour of shopping in silence, Cesar finally speaks.

"Mr. Antonio wants you to buy something red," he says and looks up from his cellphone. "The two of you will be attending a very important event."

"Is that the event he was so eager to get me back for?" I ask, scanning through the rack of clothes.

"Yes," he nods.

"Something red as in what?" I ask and he looks down at his phone.

"Something red," he answers and I chuckle.

"Thank you. You're a tremendous help," I sarcastically smile and he nods.

"You're welcome."

I shake my head as we travel down the different isles.

"Can you tell me where we're going so that I can get the perfect outfit?" I ask but he simply shakes his head.

"I'm sure Mr. Antonio will fill you in on the details."

"Why can't you? Come on, just tell me where we're going," I sigh turning to him and he looks at me hesitantly. There's silence. "I'm making your job difficult, aren't I?" I ask in guilt and he nods.

"Yes miss Nirah."

"Sorry," I quickly apologize. "It's okay... a red jumpsuit will do," I nod and Cesar's eyes grow wide. "Or a neon red hoodie with some maroon cargo pants," I nod to myself. "Since no one is giving me anything to go off on I'll have to improvise," I shrug my shoulders and Cesar shakes his head in disappointment at me.