9

ashtray

val left at around 7:50pm which left me alone for a bit until fez decided to close the store. if i was being honest i actually liked talking to val, only because she wouldnt judge me if i said something and would actually listen. i also liked listening to her talk about random stuff she likes and doesn't like.

'yo ash come here,' fez shouted from the counter to me. i got up groaning and walked up to him. 'so you and val?' he said smirking. i shook my head quickly. me and val? i mean yeah she was pretty and funny. but i didn't like her like that, plus i didn't even want to like her like that, that would be another extra person i have to care about and currently having two was fine for me. fezco and grandma. the only people i promised to take care of.

'nah you lying cuh, i ain't seen you talk like that to someone other than me for a long time,' fez said placing his phone on the counter. 'it ain't like that, we're just friends,' i said.

fezco shrugged his shoulders and walked from behind the counter to the freezer and grabbed a drink. 'we're leaving,' he said walking to the door.

we both left and i went to the car whilst fezco did his shit to lock up the store. a minute passes and i see fezco walking to the car in the mirror of the car. he gets in and puts on his seatbelt although we only lived like 5 minutes away. 'yo you think val got home safe?' he said. why wouldn't she? she lives a minute away. 'i think so,' i said to him. 'ask her.' fezco said beginning to drive off. 'cmon ask her ash, you got her number right?' he asked. i nodded in response and took out my phone. i saved her name to val and started to text her.

me
u home yet?
fez asked me to ask u

i waited a bit for a response but she didn't reply. she either went to sleep or didn't even end up going home. i placed my phone down on my lap. i was overthinking it. she just went to sleep. after a bit i felt my phone vibrate on my lap.

val
oh yeah sorry
awh fez asked? tell him he's acting like a dad

i smiled down at her message and turned to fezco about to tell him. 'ash you smiling bro?' fez said nudging me in my side softly. my smile dropped and shook my head. 'nah bruh, she just said you're acting like a dad right now. don't be dumb,' i said back to fez.

he kissed his teeth and laughed. 'tell her im too young to be a dad,' he said pulling up in front of our apartment.

me
he said he's too young to be a dad

val
you're never too young for anything🤷🏻‍♀️

i laughed at what she said and told fezco which made him laugh too. 'i like her,' fezco said which made me pull a weird face. 'pedo,' i said which made him nudge me even harder than last time, 'don't make it like that, she's cool,' he said looking over to me. i nodded my head in agreement.

valerie

--

i arrived home at about 8ish pm because i decided to walk around a little longer before i got home. i was bored and not tired. i walked to the front door and found it unlocked. i walked inside and saw andrew asleep in the couch snoring real loud. he only did that when he was drunk. i was glad that that didnt come home when he was drunk because if i did he would've got on my ass and get angry at me for no reason. i walked to my room not caring if i woke him up or not. he was fast asleep and wouldn't be waking up till 1pm tomorrow.

i laid in bed and felt my phone vibrate in my hands. it was ash texting me.

ashtray
you home yet?
fez asked me to ask you

i responded a bit later than he sent so it didn't look like i was obsessed.

me
oh yeah sorry
awh fez asked? tell him he's acting like a dad

i set my phone down next to me kind of happy that ash was texting me since i was still bored and not really tired yet.

ashtray
he said he's too young to be a dad

me
you're never too young for anything🤷🏻‍♀️
read 8:08pm

i smiled at the message and felt my eyes close. maybe i was tired.

au
short chapter sorry but i really want ash and val to date but they only have known each other for less than a week so that's not happening at all. yet
sorry🥲

822 words