C H A P T E R 6 1

Finnick Odair was lay in bed with everything he would ever need. In his arms, he held the positive brunette whose smile lit up a room, a girl who is not only the nicest, most selfless person he knows but is also strong and confident and won't take shit from anyone. He lay in bed, completely and utterly content, with the girl he loves in his arms. His girl. His princess.

"I love you," he whispered into the dark, peaceful room.

"I love you too," she whispered back, he could hear the smile in her voice.

"Marry me." He whispers again after a few seconds of silence.

Jessica sat up to look Finnick in the eyes, "what?" She asked shocked.

Finnick reaches over to the bedside table, taking out a small silver ring the shape of the infinity symbol with blue and silver gems on one side.

"Jessica Miller, you are beautiful both inside and out. You're kind and selfless, compassionate and caring. You always try make everyone happy and you have the most contagious smile I've ever seen. Your the strongest person I've ever met. I have always loved you, since the very first time I saw you. We were at school and your best friend tripped and got dirt on her pants and she was so embarrassed, she was about to cry. You dragged her into the toilets and switched pants with her and walked around school all day without a care in the world," he chuckles. "I have always admired you for that. You'd do anything for the people you care about. I wanna spend the rest of my life trying to make you happy, Jessie, you are my everything. So, will you make me the happiest guy alive and marry me?"

She pretended to think about it, resulting in a dramatic eye roll from Finnick, "I guess I wouldn't mind being Mrs Odair." He slips the ring on her finger, it fits perfectly. "Of course I'll marry you, fishface," she grins.

"Mrs Odair," he repeats with a smirk, "I like the sound of that."

Finnick reaches up to kiss his fiancé, one hand around her waist, the other cupping her face as she placed one hand on his bare chest, the other in his messy bed head hair.

Finnick flipped her over gently, careful not to hurt her even though her back was fully healed, and moved his mouth down to pepper her neck and collarbone with soft kisses. "I love you, Mrs Odair."

She traces his jaw with her fingers as she kisses him passionately, "I love you more, Mr Odair."

"Not possible," he smiles into the kiss.

AN: I think we all know what happens next..

When the newly engaged couple woke up the next morning, they couldn't be happier.

Jessica woke to her fiancé absentmindedly tracing soft circles on her stomach as her fingers traced the beautiful ring on her left hand. He kissed her shoulder, "good morning, my beautiful fiancé."

She turned her head to kiss his soft lips as she entwined her hand with his, "good morning, my soon to be husband."

And just like that, in the midst of a war, a rebellion, Finnick and Jessica found peace with each other.

AN: my babas are engaged <3 the ring: