Chapter 19, Beach

I guessed right when I saw the bathing suit that Natasha presented to me. It wasn't something I would've chosen but at least it wasn't as skimpy as some bikini's are. (Swimsuit shown above.) The twins were in the cutest matching suits.

They had long-sleeved black swimsuits that had a small galaxy skirt. The back of their swimsuit had little cross straps to make it easier to put on. After I put my suit on, Natasha revealed that she had gotten herself and Wanda swimsuits that matched with mine. Although they were different colors. Wanda had black and white and Natasha's was black and red.

When we went outside I saw that the boys had a variety of swimsuits, each obviously fitting their own personality. Bucky was the only one who was wearing a t-shirt with his swimsuit and I could already guess why. Although I wondered why Stephen was still fully dressed in his clothes.

The sand was soft under my feet as I ran over, with Nova, to the group and plopped onto a mat with Bruce and Stephen. Steve and Clint were out in the water helping Peter learn how to boogie board. Thor and Wanda were out in the water surfing and Bruce and Stephen were sitting with me on a mat, watching everyone.

"Hey Bruce can you hold Nova? Thank you!" I said all in one breath before placing Nova in his lap. Within a few seconds I had launched myself to my feet and ran towards Bucky. He never saw it coming.

I tackled him with a giant yell, "BUCKY!!!!"

I was hoping that we would both fall over into the sand but he merely took a step back as he held onto me. He looked at me, tilting his head to the side, confused. "Were you trying to knock me over?"

I grinned, "Maybe. Aren't you going to go in the water?"

"Only if you go." He replied, setting me down.

"Well I won't be surfing like those crazy people over there, but I do want to collect some seashells." I said as I grabbed his hand and pulled him along behind me.

"Should I remind you that 'those crazy people' are your soulmates?" Bucky said with a smile.

"That's why I called them crazy!" I replied with a small laugh.

Bucky chuckled, "Well, I can't argue with that.

When we got to the water it was easy to see that there were plenty of sea shells and rocks scattered everywhere. Finding the right shells was a long process of picking one up and then seeing a better one. Bucky followed me as I went from shell to shell and he held the few that I deemed 'perfect'.

The water wasn't cold at all and was bordering on the line of lukewarm, but it was windy so I wondered how the others, who were actually in the ocean, were doing. Glancing over at Peter I watched as he fell off for what seemed to be the 100th time. At some point Peter had switched from boogie boarding to surfing. "How in the world do people do that and then want to get back on." I mumbled to myself.

I heard a small laugh and remembered that Bucky could hear me. "I mean, you're on a plastic board the size wooden beam with a buttload of water underneath, trying to balance so you don't die! And then there's also the fact that waves crash over you!"

"I'm starting to think you don't like the concept of surfing." Bucky said with a straight face.

I stared at him incredulously, "No shit Sherlock."

Bucky laughed and I realized he had been pulling my leg. "Hey, why don't we go closer to the ocean, the waters a nice temperature and I think you have enough shells and rocks." Bucky said, glancing meaningfully to his pockets.

His pockets were definitely full, and they were big pockets too. "I guess we can. Wait, I have an idea. Give me all the shells and rocks."

Bucky proceed to empty his pockets into my hands and then held the few that I couldn't hold. In the blink of an eye they were all inside a bubble of energy. With a flick of my wrist I sent them over to where Bruce and Stephen were sitting and then popped the bubble next to them.