001 the last good day

001   the last good day

Eden Lowe had always loved summer. It was the time where she could let her worries go and just have fun. Each summer usually went the same, she would work at the Hawkins pool and then she'd spend time with Heather Holloway. That's how it had always been and Eden lived for it.

She didn't see a need for things to be different then that. Why change what works when it works. Sometimes her siblings would even come around for a swim, all of them finding that was the only time they had to spend together over the busy summers.

Eden's little sister Lizzy was often away at some camp for geniuses or something, Eden had never understood it. Her older sister Wren often ran the family company their parents left for them before their passing (which in Eden's opinion is way too depressing to talk about), and her older brother (by 10 months) would often spend time with his best friend James.

Everyone had their own thing, but sometimes they'd come together at the pool.

Though today was not one of those days. Today Eden sat behind the front desk with her legs up as she just waited for her shift. It was a busy day but nothing interesting had happened.

So, Eden and her coworker Katie started a small game called how many middle aged women are going to stare at Billy as he walked by. And then they created a second part called who's the unlucky lady who's shift is after Billy's.

The two found it exciting as they giggled to each other, poking their heads far enough to see the lifeguard tower where Heather was sitting. Billy's shift would start in a minute and the two were ready.

"Poor Heather, the girl is just doing her job and those women hate her." Eden giggled, peaking towards the group of (who she assumed to be) mothers that had zero intentions of swimming at all.

Heather looked towards Katie and Eden, holding up her wrist and pointing towards where a clock would sit. Katie sent Heather a thumbs up, indicating the girls shift was over.

And so Heather began descending. Eden immediately noticed how the women began to straighten themselves up and touch up on their makeup. She slightly nudged Katie, laughing quietly as she tried her hardest not to outright point at the women.

Katie began laughing a bit as well, the two getting the attention of Adam. "What's so funny?" Neither girl looked back towards him, just ushering for him to come stand over by them. He did and tried to follow where their eyes where going. "Oh them? They're here everyday what's the big deal?"

Katie looked back at Adam as Eden watched the women glare daggers at Heather. "The big deal is that we're bored and we are finding so much enjoyment from seeing how obvious these women will be with their attraction towards Billy." Adam looked confused. "What?"