Chapter 26- New friendship

"Uh...?" my mouth was dry and my head a mess. I couldn't yet grasp entirely what was happening, though I was sure my weapon was of no help. So, with that in mind, I loosened my grip on my leg, letting my hand move up to my waist.

I inspected Amelia's flustered face and realized she was just a cute girl overall. Shy and unsure of herself, she was a victim of nasty rumours. I felt ashamed and angry at how society treated her. At how I doubted her.

"Lulu, is there something wrong?" Jennifer's voice came from our side, taking us both by surprise. She stood there by the open window that separated the ballroom from the patio, her hand clutching it and her face a mix of worry and confusion. Her eyes travelled from me to Amelia, who recoiled.

I saw then, in a flash, shame and self-depreciation in those green eyes. It hurt me in my heart, in my soul, to see such things on a child's face. Without a second thought, I took Amelia's hand, making her breathing rough and fast. Her eyes stuck to the ground, did no movement, she was too shocked and fearful for it. Slowly, I made us turn to Jenni.

A smile appeared on my face. "No. Nothing is wrong. Completely the opposite. Something great happened. I made a new friend."

Amelia faced me, happiness visible on her simple smile, as I showed our linked hands proudly.

"You see Amelia? I told you, you would be successful." this time the voice was deeper and much more grown. It came from Lord Castello, who had appeared behind Jenni.

Like his daughter, he showed happiness through a restrained expression, yet impossible to hide. By his side was Gobbie, with a satisfied grin on his lips. I had a slight suspicion this had been his idea, and that he was now looking at the results of his efforts with joy.

"Yes, father." agreed Amelia, tapping her fingers on her dress. A nervous melody coming from it. "I just have to learn how to be a proper friend."

I looked at her. Those words were off. Wrong even. She reminded me of Wolff, way too cute for this world and way too lonely.

"You don't need to learn to be a friend. I am sure you will be a great one." I told, surprising her. Amelia seemed unsure and glanced at her father for clues, but I intervened before she could get a reply from him. "Why don't you join me and Jenni for a stay in party? I could invite Eloise Di'Mello as well." I turned to Gobbie, who was, by now, a bundle of encouragement. "Can I, papa?"

There was no need for confirmation from him, but Amelia sure looked at her father for approval. Her face delighted and hopeful. He gave her a simple nod and her whole body shook with excitement.

Gobbie was about to speak of the plans when a voice surprised him.

"Did I hear it right? A sleepover party? That sounds incredible, don't you think, Cedric? You can count on us too, my lord!"

Everyone turned, and when Gobbie moved, we could see prince Francis appearing from the shadows, a foxy curve on his lips. On his side was prince Cedric smirking at me like he always did, like a troublemaker. A happy one.

And like that, the nightmares that had plagued me for months disappeared. Like cotton candy in the rain. A tremendous weight lifted from my heart, knowing that the hate hadn't consumed him yet, that whatever would happen, I would be there to avoid it. At that moment, with that certainty, I smiled, and I took two steps forward.

However, Jenni caught my free hand, her chin moving swiftly in Gobbie's direction, whose icy demeanour threatened the safety of royal blood.

Thankfully, I noticed a pair of two furry ears, and I knew the royal aides had come to the rescue.

Sorry for the short update

Sorry for the short update. But my family has arrived for Easter and it has been hard to get time to upload. Anyway hope you like it (annnnd the princes have finally appeared!!).

The next chapter is a funny one!! I laughed a lot with it !! I am so excited to show you all!!!