Save the princess!

“I'm sorry, we don't have much to offer…” The woman said, putting four cups with water in front of them

“It's okay! It's not like we were expecting a reception or anything, I'm grateful that you even let us stay!” Y/N said with a smile.

“I-I see-” The woman seemed weirdly uncomfortable.

'Oh- maybe I said something rude? I should probably leave the talking to the others then-' She thought, doing her best to keep a neutral expression.

“I'm sorry about the weird question, but is there anything weird happening in this village recently?” Shinobu politely asked.

Different from the expected answer, the woman seemed to suddenly get defensive, saying with an almost angry voice. “You guys are not one of those deceivers that pretend to be doctors, are you?!”

No one responded, more from the sheer surprise at her sudden personality change.

“Uh- Could you elaborate?” Y/N asked after noticing that the other three were too shocked to keep the conversation going.

The woman seemed to notice that they had no idea about what she was talking about, sighing and saying : “If you guys are here, then you already know that there's a terrible disease affecting the villagers, there's been countless people coming here and claiming to be doctors or to have the cure in order to take money from us.”

'…to take advantage of such a terrible situation, humans can truly be so despicable.' Y/N thought with a frown.

“Well- It's kind of a bad time to say this after you just told us about these fake doctors, but I do have medical knowledge, and I would like to check on the sick people here if that's okay with you. Oh! And we won't charge anything in trade, so don't worry!” Shinobu said, her smile so bright that it almost blinded Y/N, she even had to hold down the urge to clap.

“I- I don't know… Though you guys don't seem like bad people, the others here are still suspicious of outsiders, I can't guarantee they will be friendly…”

“Well, does this village happen to have a leader or some authority we can talk to? Maybe if we can get permission from them, it might make things easier.” Shinobu responded.

“Oh- If it's an authority, then you are probably talking about the elder, she often prays on the temple, so it is easy to get on contact with her, I will take you guys there tomorrow.”

“We would definitely appreciate that!”

“Uh- It's a bit late right now, and this village doesn't have any inns- I have a room left, but it might be uncomfortable to share it with so many people…”

“It's okay, we can manage it. Thanks for the kindness.” Shinobu said, politely bowing and turning to leave, the others doing the same.

Y/N suddenly stopped in her tracks and walked back to the woman. “Is there anything else you need?”