Chapter 18 - Meeting In A Dream

Y/N's POV:

I remember leaning on Springtraps shoulder, as I slowly got lower and lower till I was practically lying half asleep in his lap. I can't remember that last time I had felt this way about anyone. He was so soft, and so sweet. Who wouldn't love lying on an undead child murderers lap? I guess I was really tired, because I slowly began drifting off to sleep, with Springtrap lightly laying his hand on my waist. 

I opened my eyes, only to find myself back in that eerie rundown pizzeria. I immediately knew I was dreaming again, but I didn't try to wake myself. I decided to explore the place instead, in hopes of putting together some pieces from Springtraps past. Because as far as I knew he had just killed a couple kids because he wanted a family, but other than that, I didn't know much about his life before the golden rabbit suit. 

I knew I didn't have long before those ghost kids would coming chasing after me, so I decided to start making my way around the pizza place, that way I could figure things out without them bothering me. 

As I continued to make my way through the abandoned corridor's of the pizzeria, I came across a storage closet. It sounded as though something was rummaging around in it. I figured it was one of the ghost children, or perhaps even the mutilated version of Springtrap that I had seen in a previous dream. Reluctantly, I reached forward towards the door knob to open the door, only to see someone coming around the corner with a flashlight. 

In fear of being caught by someone, I dove behind another hallway to see who, or what, it was without them seeing me first. As I peaked out from behind the corner to see who it was I quickly realized who it was. It was Deliah! I knew she wasn't someone I should be scared of, so I decided to reveal myself from the rundown corridor. "Deliah?" I spoke, stepping towards her.

"Y/N!?" Deliah exclaimed, taking a step back away from me. "What are you doing here!?"

I chuckled. "I should be asking you the same thing."

Deliah sighed, lowering her flashlight. "I thought that if Springtrap left I'd finally be free from these nightmares, but that doesn't look to be the case."

I raised an eyebrow, my arms crossed over my chest. "You've had nightmares about him too?" 

Deliah's eyes widened. "Yeah, you do too!?"

I nodded in response, letting out a faint sigh, stepping closer towards the younger girl. "Ever since I met Springtrap I've had these nightmares from time to time of him being this evil broken down version of himself, and the ghost children are constantly telling me to get away from him, but despite there warnings I always let him have me, rather then trying to run away. I know these nightmares are just the kids trying to protect me, by scaring me into staying away from Springtrap, but I still believe that he's changed for the better. I believe he's left all the bad things he's done in the past. And sure, he can be possessive from time to time, but I know it's just his abandonment issues kicking in, and can I really blame him, you don't know how many times I've been abandoned by people I loved. They leave you, without any real reason." I explained, leaning against the dirty wall to the left of me. 

Deliah look to have a hint of regret and pain in her eyes, as if she felt bad for letting Springtrap go. "I know I hurt Springtrap by letting him go, but can you blame me, when you find out your best friend has been lying to you, and slowly hurting you in the process, you have to let them go at some point. But I'm sure at some point I'll be able to forgive him, just not at the moment, I can't, not after finding out the truth. Do you like Springtrap, Y/N?"

I smiled. "Of course I like him. He's a stupid adorable goofball, just looking for a friend." 

Deliah shook her head. "No, I mean as more then a friend..." 

I stood there in shock, because I couldn't even answer that question myself. Sure I liked Springtrap a lot, but he was a serial killer, no one would ever approve of him, especially my dad. But I wasn't sure whether I liked him as more than a friend. He did give me a fuzzy feeling in my stomach sometimes, but I still didn't know if what the two of us had was real. "I don't know." I responded, looking up to the ceiling where a broken ceiling fan sat dormant. I turned to look back at Deliah. "So, we gonna open that door?"