31

*Leighton's POV*

That week I spent a lot of my time hanging out with family and friends, getting their help on meal ideas and having Katrina and Aaliyah be my exercise buddy. I also talked it out with Silas about why he was mad at me, which turned out to be because I put me and the baby in danger on July 4th, and it scared him.

Lexi and Aaliyah went with me to the hospital this morning so I could be monitored and they could check for any more developing preeclampsia symptoms. They also helped me get ready for my date with Silas whilst I facetimed Kat getting her opinions on the outfit.

"I always forget Leighton has a sleeve" Kat said out of nowhere as we did the finishing touches to my makeup.

"How? It literally takes up my whole arm" I laughed, reaching for my eyebrow pencil as Aaliyah worked on my hair.

"You're always in hoodies!" 

"They're comfy, and they don't press in on my stomach. Speaking of wearing hoodies, do you know why Colby is mad at me?" I asked her, grabbing my eyeshadow palette.

"He's feeling sorry for himself" She rolled her eyes making my face scrunch up.

"What do you mean?"

"Leigh, stop being oblivious!" Katrina scolded and I glared.

"Sorry I'm not babying him! I'm too busy worrying about my literal baby!" I snapped, Lexi and Aaliyah staying quiet.

"Why don't you ask him?" She lectured and I rolled my eyes.

"So you're telling me that on top of all my own bullshit, I also have to worry about him?"

"Leigh stop" Kat spoke in a monotone and I flipped her off, grabbing my highlight.

"Wow, real mature"  

"Hey, let's all get along, yeah?" Aaliyah suggested, setting down the straightener.

"Look Kat, I get you're used to having an easy going life, but that is not my story right now. I can't be bothered to constantly worry about my roommate, when I have a high risk pregnancy, okay? It's not my fault he's acting like a child. I'm not in charge of him, or his feelings. I need to make things right with Silas tonight, and I need to focus on my own family. At the end of the day, they're more important" I explained and Katrina scoffed.

"You're literally so stupid" 

"Did I fucking ask? I don't think I did. All I asked was if you knew why he was mad. Not to be lectured about how I don't fucking pay attention every time he cries wolf! Look, it's whatever. I need to finish getting ready. I'll let Sam know that I probably won't be home. Bye" I ended the FaceTime before groaning, then shaking my head and grabbing my lipstick.

"So, what was that about?" Aaliyah asked hesitantly and I grumbled.

"Ever since I told Colby I was moving out, he's been distant. I thought we made progress back in Minnesota ya know? But I guess not"

"Is there a reason you haven't asked him?" Lexi wondered aloud and I sighed.

"I haven't had time. I still need to show him the finished artwork. I've been busy monitoring my body with this baby, trying to meet the requirements so I don't get preeclampsia and god knows what else. Plus I have everything with Silas, and I've been neglecting him lately, along with Logan being gone and not having him to talk to right now. Then there is everything with Mom, and yeah she's getting better, but I'm still fucking terrified something is going to happen. Plus, Gabe has a new girlfriend and it's kind of hitting me that my baby will have a stepmother. There is just so many life changes right now, that I can't pay attention to my fucking roommates and what's going on with them. None of this is including what is going on next week. I'm just swamped, and now I'm annoyed that she's blaming me for his bullshit. Does it look like I have room on my plate for another full course meal of emotions? No" I ranted, both of them staying quiet. "Can you hand me my dress please" I asked quietly, Lexi leaving to go get it.