baby's first birthday (requested)

"Can you believe how fast time has gone by?" Jihyo asked as you both cleaned up the kitchen together.

It was a little messy over the big and exciting day that you had.

Today was your daughter's first birthday and it was easily one of the greatest days of your life.

The entire day, she'd been all smiles and giggles as she was surrounded by love from your family and friends, as well as Jihyo's.

She ate cake and opened presents and got showered with love and happiness and you enjoyed every single second.

But now, everyone has left and your little girl is sitting on the living room floor, playing with her toys and crawling around.

"I know. I can't believe she's one." You said as you looked over at her. "Before we know it, we'll be celebrating her second birthday."

"Don't say that. I'm not ready for that." Jihyo groaned. "She's still so small and so young, we have lots of time left with her. Besides, I'm so not ready for the terrible twos."

You giggled before nodding in agreement.

"Everything is cleaned up now. The leftover cake is in the fridge. Her gifts are all put away. Well, everything but that toy that she got from my mom that she loves."

"Good. Thank you, my love. I'm done cleaning up too. It's getting late, I think it's time we put her down for the night."

"Okay." She agreed and kissed you before you walked into the living room.

"Hi, baby girl!" You grinned as you picked your daughter up, kissing her head. "Did you have a good day today?"

She babbled a little and then giggled as Jihyo tickled her sides.

"You're such a precious, happy girl!" Jihyo cooed to her and then followed you up the stairs.

Jihyo sang to her after you got her changed and after about fifteen minutes, she fell asleep and you gently put her down in her crib.

You didn't move after you laid her down.

You just stared at your little girl and watched her sleep, listening to her breathe.

Jihyo hugged you from behind and put her chin on your shoulder.

You exhaled shakily, trying to stop yourself from crying. Jihyo noticed and was quick to comfort you.

"I'm sorry." You chuckled. "I'm just emotional. She's growing up so fast and I don't want her to. I want to stop time and have her be this little forever. I just love her so much."

"I know, baby," Jihyo whispered and kissed your neck.

"I remember just last year, two days after she was born, we came home with her. We had so many long, tiring nights in this room with her."

Jihyo groaned in response.

"Don't remind me. Those nights weren't easy. She didn't like to sleep and you just brought her into the world so you had to take it easy. We were both so exhausted. We had our fair share of bad days, snapping at each other."

"Yeah, but we had amazing days and nights too." You reminded her.

"That we did." She smiled. "We still do. Every day and every night, I'm reminded of how lucky I am to have my two favorite girls in the world. My love, we are only one year into her life. We've still got so many days, so many years together. It's going to be amazing."

"Yeah." You smiled and stared at your daughter adoringly. "I love her."

"She loves you right back. She loves us both and we love her. We always will. That won't ever change. So don't be emotional, we've got so much to look forward to still. Soon, the terrible two's will be here. That'll be fun." She sarcastically said, making you giggle.

"What if they come early?"

"Oh, gosh, I hope not." She said. "For now, she's one. Let's enjoy every minute together. Okay?"

"Okay."

You both stared back at your little girl and you softly stroked her cheek.

"Happy birthday, my baby. I love you so much."

"I love you lots, sweet girl. Happy birthday. Here's to many more." Jihyo spoke as she caressed your daughter's head.

You know she won't remember this day.

But you and Jihyo always will and you'll cherish every moment forever.

And you both will always find a way to make every day of her life as special and as wonderful as she is.