Chapter 94 - Leaving

In the evening the royal family was standing before a secret door in the back side of the palace. Manik's leaving the palace was a secret. Though everyone thinks he will go to the war but they don't know he will be living earlier than the scheduled day. Maya being pregnant she was feeling bad as her husband will be leaving with her brother. She knew that her due date was near and her husband wouldn't be there at that time.

"I am leaving the palace matter to you. Handle it smartly" Manik said to Vaibhav who nodded his head.

"Don't worry brother, i will do my best and won't let you down"

"I expected that" Manik gave him a warm smile. Then he turned towards Chityakanta.

"Mother"

Chityakanta wiped her tears "God bless you son". Manik nodded and looked at Maya who was almost on the verge of crying.

"I promise, before my nephew is born we will remove the evil from this world" he patted her head before turning to look at his wife.

Nandini gave him a bright smile as she walked forward. Behind her Ageratina was holding a box.

"The war is always meant to shed blood. And I think in such conditions this will help you" she took the box from Ageratina and gave it to Manik.

Manik frowned as he looked at the box "what is this?"

Nandini smiled "some wound treating medicines. It will help you heal faster from the wounds even if the sword or arrow contains poison it will help to remove it"

Manik smiled understandingly "I couldn't ask for more. Thank you"

"It's my duty," she replied. Though the couple was smiling their eyes held the sadness that only they could see. As an Emperor and Empress, they could not show their weakness to others.

"It's time," he whispered.

"God bless Samrat, '' Nandini replied. She did not say god bless to him but she referred to the whole Samrat. If Samrat is blessed then everything under it will be blessed equally.

Manik smiled, understanding her meaning and turned around. While Maya cried as Suhal was about to leave. She wiped her tears but it was falling continuously. Suhal felt bad for leaving Maya like this. He couldn't control himself seeing her crying so much but he insisted on helping Manik to this war and as a royal blood, once the promise is made he has to keep it no matter what. But the innocent tears of his wife are breaking his cold wall.

Nandini saw everything and sighed. She can really understand the feeling Maya has.she walked towards her and held her shoulder "why are you breaking down like this? Aren't you afraid it may affect your child in your womb?"

Hearing that Maya stopped crying. Though years are still on its way, it is silently falling. Nandini did not look at her but her gaze was stuck on the back of two figures who were walking forward.

"Sister in law" Maya called out with a trembling voice.

"Maya, you are not a little princess anymore. A princess lives a life of free spirit. There's nothing that could cause her any trouble. But once she stepped out of that boundary and chose to be a queen her life will be changed at that moment. Because a queen is far different from a princess. She has the responsibility of being a wife, responsibility of being the mistress of the nation and most importantly she has the responsibility to fulfil her duty" Nandini said calmly.

Maya blinked as she listened to her words.

"Look at your husband, though he knows you are about to give birth and his child is about to come into this world but still he chooses to fulfil his duty because he is not only your husband but he is a king. A king that fights for the country to bring harmony and peace. A king who has the greatest responsibility to fulfil his royal duty. But if you keep crying like that he will feel weak, his heart will bleed and be worried about you and then it will only give advantages to his enemy that can even take his life. Do you want it?" This time Nandini turned to face Maya who gasped suddenly.

"As a wife it's your duty to keep your husband pleased. But as a queen it's your duty to support your  king and be his strength. I have said what I needed to. Now it's your choice. Before leaving he will look at you again and that's your last chance to choose" she said finally before walking past her but after two steps she stopped "Maya your and my situation has no difference. But what difference we have is I chose to be the reason for my emperor's strength and power" then she left without looking back.

Maya stood there in shock. Slowly her head turned towards the two figures who were now standing beside horses. Manik claimed on the horse first then Suhal. Then they turned the horses direction and started to move. Maya could see Manik didn't looked back. His back was straight and he looked calm and peaceful while Suhal's body seemed restless. Before they took the turn Suhal turned his head and looked at Maya. Maya gasped as she stared at her husband. Nandini's voice repeated in her head.

Before leaving he will look at you again and that's your last chance to choose.

She wiped her tears and put on a big smile before waving her hand to him. Suhal was startled but suddenly a bright smile appeared on his face. He straightened his back and nodded his head to her before turning away and following Manik's lead. Maya watched them disappear from her sight but the smile on her face didn't leave. She felt light and happy. Just then she realised, Manik didn't look back because he knew Nandini would not be standing here or be crying for him and show weakness but Suhal looked back because he was anxious so he looked back to check whether she was alright or not.

Maya your and my situation has no difference. But what difference we have is I chose to be the reason for my emperor's strength and power.

Nandini's words repeated in her mind again. Maya looked up to see the stars in the sky twinkling brightly. She sighed "how did you manage to stay so strong, sister in law. I really admire your strength"