Chapter 17: Youth Devil Gathering

Normal: Dialogue, Narrations

Italics: Thoughts

Bold: A/N, Quotes

(A/N: All images used belong to the respective owners, I do not own anything)

Previously we saw that the team goes to the underworld for their training against any possible future threats against the Kuoh Treaty, while on the train they met Rias Gremory who tried to apologize to Issei only for him to end up crying resulting in everyone driving her and her peerage away, except for Kiba and Gasper who stayed back to comfort him. After a while the train then mysteriously stops and they fall encountering a dragon who attacks them for no reason. After their 'fight' with the dragon, they realize that it was a test to see who is worthy, after which the dragon now identified as Tannin gives his feedback to Azazel, Sona and Tiamat. They then head towards the Sitri manor where Sona and Serafall's parents were waiting for them on the entrance. They greeted the teams who had visited them and told them about what they needed to do next. Lord and Lady Sitri apologized for Ionlava's actions and blamed themselves as they were the ones to bring him in without doing a proper background check, Issei responded with telling them that it is not their fault. They then have regular conversations with Lord Sitri even encouraging Serafall, who had budding feelings towards Issei to talk to Sona and Issei. The next day Azazel gave everyone their training schedules and introduced them to their trainers. Issei and Saji were trained by the former dragon king Tannin, Issei also had an additional trainer the devil of Vatican known as Vasco Strada, they both then head to the Dragon mountains to begin their training. Chara, Flowey and Raynare were trained by the former royal guard captain of the monsters, Undyne. The other members were getting trained in improving the stats with respect to their pieces, Sona and Tsubaki were training in getting themselves stronger in magic as well as improving their tactical abilities when it comes to the rating games. Even the Gremory peerage were improving in their innate abilities. Kiba became faster and more durable with his bravery armor lasting much longer and Gasper became more adept at going outside as well as using his sacred gear. Asia on the other hand was improving in her usage of her sacred gear with her trying to achieve balance breaker. After the training session, everyone saw massive improvements in their abilities especially Issei, Saji, Raynare, Flowey and Chara. They are then told by Lord and Lady Sitri that the youth devil gathering is taking place in two days.

The next day, Sitri Manor, 5:30 PM

Issei was seen going back to his room after his shower, he was told that the he and his friends were also invited in the gathering, he was excited to meet Sairaorg as he wanted to fight him once again, in this new timeline. That was when he saw the door to Asia's room open, while going inside, he saw Asia huddled in a corner. Issei approached her to which she woke up with a jerk, he looked at Asia with a worry.

Asia: I-issei, what's the matter?

Issei: Just wanted to check on you, I mean you seem a little off ever since the devil gathering was announced, is something the matter?

Asia: Nothing nothing at all Ise

Issei knew something was up, he kept his hand and held it in a protective manner, he will always be by her side.

Issei: Please tell me the issue

Asia could not keep it any longer and told him

Asia: It is about the youth devil gathering, he.......he might show up and-

Issei immediately understood who she was trying to talk about, she was talking about him of course, the infamous Diodara Astaroth, the one that nearly sexually assaulted her in the previous timeline as well as the one that had nearly assaulted Viser as well, he knew that he needed to be called out for his actions and he had Viser on speed dial in case he needed a testimony against him, he also knew of his actions towards his peerage. Issei immediately hugged his mate knowing that he will always be by their side no matter what. Asia huddled in the hug and was close to him. She knew that Issei will always be there for her.