2

My name is Athena Laine Kore, the unwanted soulmate of Aiden Orpheus, the Alpha of SilverKnight pack. Yes, he is a werewolf, young and powerful and he does not want a mate like me, weak. After finding me, he never treated me like his mate, much less a human. I was never allowed to go outside or even tell anyone that he is my mate. I know that this is bound to happen. My curse, the curse of a guardian of werewolves.

It's been 5 years now since I left. I stay true to my words to be as far away as I can. Currently, I am helping in a werewolf orphanage. I was doing rather well but today, I felt this uneasiness like something is going to happen.

"What should I do?" Miriel walked back and forth.

"What's wrong?" She seems too distressed."Riri is not here and the headmaster needs someone to assist him. I have to serve tea or something and if he needs anything else... but I have to finish some papers right now." There are a limited number of helpers in the orphanage, most of us are volunteers. Miriel was an orphan but the headmaster adopted her and ever since, she's been helping around.

"I can help."

"Really?" She stopped, staring at me with full admiration. I mean, shouldn't I help? "I just have to serve tea, right?" She nodded smiling. "And you have to be there if the headmaster needs something."

"Alright."

"Gaahhh!" She hugged me to my surprise, "Thank you! Thank you! I promise I will make it up to you." I can't help but smile at her, I still am not used to her sudden hugs.

"Ok, finish those papers now, I'll deal with the tea." 

"Thanks!" She stopped mid her running off. "He asked tea for two people." And... she disappeared.

Headmaster often meets people: couples who wanted to adopt, people who wanted to donate, people whom I have no idea what business they are there for. None of my business... yet. And he can handle them, as he said.

After making some tea, I went straight to the office.

*Knock. Knock*"Come in." Suddenly, I felt that this is a bad idea.As I opened the door, I stiffened. Of course this is a bad idea. Why is he here? Aiden."Oh, it's Athena," upon hearing my name, he turned towards me.

I averted my gaze to the headmaster. Whatever Aiden's purpose of being here, it most likely does not concern me. Right?" Here's your tea." I gently set down their drinks ready to leave. He probably hates to see me right now. So, I won't be a sore eye. 

"Thank you." Headmaster said, but my focus is on the other person in the room.

"Do you need anything else?" I carefully asked choking the bittersweet idea of meeting him again.

"There's nothing else, thank you." I nod and was about to leave but headmaster has something else on his mind. "Wait, let me introduce you first to our guest." Really? There's no need for an introduction but based on what happened that day, I suppose we should act as strangers. "This is Alpha Aiden of SilverKnight Pack." I kept my distance, only giving a second to acknowledge his presence. "And this is Athena, our..."

'Don't tell him that.' I minlinked the headmaster, aware of what he was about to say. 

He paused for a second, "...she helps around." He is one of the few people who knows my identity and Aiden is one of the many who does not. I like to keep it that way for a while.

"Excuse me, I will leave you to continue." Aiden did not say anything. That's not new. Did he forget about me? Well, there is nothing notable between us... Other than... No. It must not be mentioned again. Because there is no way back. No way.

Nothing.