8

The next morning...Duke already left when I woke up. He did not leave a note like he usually does. I'm used to his random moments like last night. He blames himself but we couldn't revert what has been done. I cannot treat him more than a family now. All I know is that he has a special place in my heart.

6:20 AM The clock shows.

The orphanage is a 30 minute walk if I use my shortcut. Maybe I should teleport.I'm being lazy. Instead of teleporting outside the orphanage, I directly went to the library/archive room where people does not always go to. As I stepped in, the numbers of books caught me off guard. These are the books I collected so far but I seldom come here, I only hand the headmaster all the books I wanted to add.

I walked between the shelves. I never meant to collect them but the first headmaster influenced me to. At the end of the room just behind a window, there is a single desk. A sleeping figure has his head and arms on the desk. There are papers scattered proof that he has fallen asleep reading something. The current and the first headmaster has an uncanny similarity. Aside from the fact that both of them cares for the children, they do look alike and they have the same name: Lucius Milford.

He must be tired.

I quietly sat on the chair in front of his desk. Everybody gets tired even how passionate you are on what you are doing. There is always this wave of exhaustion that attacks without notice. I caught sight of the papers in front of him. SilverKnight pack, it read. He is researching about them. I don't have much knowledge about them aside from the former Alpha joining the advisor council of Sicilia. I think he was Aiden's father. Maybe his father recommended this place. I've been wondering why he chose to be here. 

"You're early today." He rose up with a yawn. 

"You stayed up late."

"This is my normal sleeping pattern." He stacked up the scattered papers on his desk. 

"I can always help you with the papers if you want." He simply stood up placing a book to the shelf.

"I told you, I can handle this. And Grandpa would have yelled at me if I let you work." I smiled. Indeed, he was overprotective and wouldn't let me touch a single work. They kept on saying that I should rest and made me promise that I will after the battles. I did my part but he didn't kept his: to live beside me. "Is he your mate?" I turned to the headmaster.

"What? Who?"

"Depends on who you are thinking about."

"Stop beating the bush." I stood up ready to leave.

"You're being indenial. You taught me how to face my fears, why not do it yourself. Anyhow, we're here if you need anything. I don't want Gramps creeping in my dreams."

I stepped out of the room. What does fate wants me to do? Mourn over what I lost and ask Aiden again to reject me? If life was just easy I wouldn't be in this position.

Unexpectedly or should I say expectedly, I saw Aiden carrying a box to our storage room followed by Kai and Theo.

Oh is it that time of the year?

Once in a while, donations come from Sicilia, the place where the King lives. We have an agreement that whoever sits on the throne must support the orphanage. I rushed to help them unload, taking two boxes noticing the others also did.

But I never thought that Aiden would take this too seriously. I or we stopped in the middle of the hallway meeting each other's gaze. I suppose that I should get used to meeting him.He eyed at the boxes on my arms, which are almost covering me as I try to have a view of my way.

"Tsk." He clicked his tongue before taking one box, more to my surprise.
"I can manage." But he did not give it up, instead he handed it to Kaiser. He looked at me one more time, perhaps, measuring if I can carry this one box before deciding to go outside to continue unloading. Do I look like a frail kid? If the situation warrants, I can carry these boxes with one hand. I am just trying to be careful.

"You can carry that?" Kaiser was also left with me.

"I can manage." I repeated, continuing my walk. I know werewolves are strong but I am not asking for help. Why am I suddenly annoyed? Sigh.

I found Miriel accounting the supplies while talking to Eros, one of the Royal guards. Wait, why is the head of the Royal guards here?

"Lady Kore." He greeted upon noticing me about to kneel like a knight while Miriel was here.

"Hey, hi." I caught his wrist before he could do that. "Long time no see. Let's catch up over there."

I hauled him outside, with the excuse that we must not disturb Miriel's work.

"What is a Royal guard doing here?" I asked in a hushed tone as we went to a different room.

He chuckled. "I am on a special mission to deliver the donations. I heard that you were here, so I came to see for myself. And... My Lord wants to send his regards." 

Right, He still exists.