𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬 | daminette

it's been two weeks but this is a request from ao3.

—  COME ON, DAMIAN" Dick whined, giving his youngest brother his best puppy eyes. "Why can't you introduce her to us?"

Damian sighed in irritation — this was the fifth time that day, that Grayson had been bugging him to meet Marinette officially.

"Because, Grayson," he said loudly, hoping that someone would come and save him from his misery. "I don't want to."

Dick narrowed his eyes at Damian. "Are you embarrassed of us?"

Groaning aloud now, Damian shook his head. "No, Grayson, not because I'm 'embarrassed' of you."

"Although," he muttered under his breath. "If I am embarrassed of someone, it's you."

Dick did not hear the comment and Damian thanked the universe for its small mercy.

"That was mean, Damian."

Said boy jumped half a foot into the air, not hearing Marinette walking up to him.

"Marinette?" Damian asked, suddenly despising the universe again.

Of all the times she decided to visit him at WE.

"No, Dami," Marinette said sarcastically. "It's Chloe. Who else would it be?"

Dick was looking in between him and Marinette for Damian's reaction, but the only one happening was internal — specifically in Damian's body.

God, he was so screwed.

Especially when his older brother shot him a smirk that told him the entire family was going to know about his inability to talk like his normal self around Marinette.

"But anyway," Marinette drawled, turning to Dick. "I'm Marinette Dupain-Cheng. We haven't met officially, so I just thought I'd introduce myself."

Dick looked like he was about to scream with victory.

Damian really hoped he didn't because otherwise, his eardrums would be non-existent.

Clearing his throat, Dick gave Marinette a sly smirk. "I'm Dick Grayson. I'm afraid the reason we haven't met is that someone here has refused to let the family meet you."

His following cough un-subtly implied the name, Damian.

Marinette turned to Damian, shooting him a withering glare — something he was fairly used to considering their days in the League.

Turning away from him, Marinette shot Dick one of her sweetest smiles (at that moment, Damian would have killed to be Dick) and said, "Well, now that we've met, let me tell you. I would be absolutely delighted to meet everyone else."

Damian tried to interfere because dear god this was not going to end well, "Perhaps a little wait-"

"No." Marinette and Dick said in unison, both glaring at him.

Damian was stunned into silence.

"Anyway," Marinette walked to Damian and pecked him on the cheek. "I'll see you in the lunchroom, Dami."

Resisting the urge to blush profusely, Damian glared at Dick as soon as Marinette's back was turned.

"I can feel your eyes on me, Dami," Dick smirked as he turned to his brother. "But I don't understand why you're glaring at me. I just did you a favour."

Damian grit his teeth and continued to glare. "I'm hoping you will spontaneously combust."

Dick waved casually as he walked out. "If you're worried about your inability to talk around your girlfriend, don't worry! No one except for Tim, Jason and Bruce will find out!"