Chapter 11- Celine

After a relatively quiet and peaceful dinner, it was late in the night. It felt nice not having to eat dinner all alone just by myself. Even though none of us really spoke more than a few words, having a meal with them felt good.

It was time to sleep now judging by how Zack yawned, causing Liam who was talking to him to yawn too.

My eyes were starting to get heavy with sleep. Images of my comfortable bed and cozy sheets were enough to lull me into a sleepy slumber. But one single thought snapped away all the tiredness right out of my soul.

"I don't want to sleep in that basement!"

"Where else will you sleep then?" Zack asked, looking uninterested.

"I'd rather sleep on this couch." No I won't.

Zack yawned again before replying, "We don't have more rooms so you are only left with the basement or... This couch would do just fine." He shrugged.

"We do have a room." Max interceded.

"No." Damien immediately dead panned, shutting his idea off.

"C'mon Damien, Celine is not here. Jennifer can use her roo-" Max started, trying to argue with the emotionless boy but Damien was having none of it.

"I said no." He pressed more focus into his words, looking right into Max's eyes.

I glanced down at my feet, not knowing what to say or feel about this. I was still a kidnapped victim by them even if we had become somewhat like friends with each other.

Damien moved his gaze away from Max to look at me. By the contemplative expression on his usually blank face, I could see that he was giving it a thought. Who was this Celine? By his reaction, it seems that she is someone close to Damien considering he is hesistant to let me stay in her room. She also seems to be the reason for my kidnapping in a way.

"C'mon Damien, please." Max held a pleading glint in his blue eyes, requesting a more comfortable environment for me. My heart warmed up at how fast he had grown to care for me.

Liam had already left for his room, rubbing his sleepy eyes and suppressing a yawn when he walked past me, wishing me a small 'goodnight'.

Zack, however, was still hanging around, watching the drama.

Damien looked at me again, giving my heart a startled flinch. Looking into his bright green eyes, I felt my cheeks heating up- causing me to look away from his face.

Oh, that is a nice wall over there.

Dude is so damn handsome, I want to dissipate.

After a few more minutes of Damien denying and Max pleading, he seemed to finally give in. Zack's head was leaning to the side before he abruptly jerked up from his sleep, watching the drama right from where he had dozed off from.

"Fine. Come with me." He addressed to me.

Zack looked stunned, light brown eyes widened and suddenly devoid of all their previous sleepy haze. I looked up to see Max to see him giving me a proud smile.

He was proud of himself.

I smiled and thanked him quietly to which he just waved me off.

I followed after him as Damien guided me to Celine's room. I felt conscious of how the two of us were currently all alone with just the company of each other. Being in this close proximity with him, alone, made my nerves to go crazy. My heart was beating so loud that I was sure he was able to hear the palpitations. But one look at his handsome face was enough for me understand that his mind was already occupied by his own swirl of thoughts.